Meguiar's NXT Generation® Tech Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the past I used Meguiar's Gold Class wax. I just bought a new vehicle and am thinking of using the NXT product, and am looking for input from people who may have tried this?

I would typically wax twice a year at the most, and live in an area where it rains a lot.

If not the NXT, I am open to suggestions on other products.

Thanks!

Originally Posted By: Cujet
I've always liked NXT. Seems to hold up quite well here in South Florida.

Do you use liquid or paste? I've always used paste in the past, but as this is a new product for me, I'm looking for suggestions.

I've used the NXT liquid, and I won't be using it again. There is no way that you will be happy with NXT if you expect it to last 6 months.

The shine is great. It is easy to work with, and it really makes to metallic flake on my black Outback sparkle. But it doesn't even last two weeks. I would not recommend it to anyone.

I believe NXT is a hybrid sealant/wax that is designed to offer a sort of 'best of both worlds' approach. It isn't a pure sealant, it isn't 100% carnauba.

I have used it since it debuted with version 1.0, and the current stuff on the market should be 2.0.

It smells great and is fairly easy to apply/remove. On certain colors like red or blue, it has a tendency to leave dark 'streaks' if you do not apply it in a very uniform thin layer.

Longevity isn't great and probably about on par with Gold Class wax.

I have been happy with NXT shine, but doesn't last long enough, Recently I switched to their Ultimate liquid, and it seems to be more durable lasting longer.

I have a tub of Meguiars NXT Tech Wax Paste that I purchased a few years ago, and I've used it many times. I have kind of a love/hate relationship with it.

It goes on, and comes off, easier than pretty much anything else that I've used.
It leaves a terrific shine and a good slickness.
It provides excellent beading

The one major failing I've found is the same thing others have pointed out - It just doesn't hold up as well as it should. As a hybrid wax, it should last for a few months, but what I've found is that, without regular spray wax top-ups, it wears out fast.

On the plus side, I have found that an application of Meguiars D156 after each and every wash, seems to help it last much longer. If you're going for longevity, though, I'd stick with something that last longer from the get-go. Meguiars Ultimate would be a decent choice, but I'd suggest going with either Collinite 845 or Finish Kare F1000P Hi-Temp paste wax. Both should last a good 6-months with proper prep and application.

Originally Posted By: CJWinWA
I think I'll try their "Ultimate" in light of the NXT not lasting so well.

I do the Meguiar's Clay Bar treatment...followed by Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid polymer wax.

Both easy & fast to do a mid-size SUV (total of about 2 1/2 hours total), results are fantastic.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HYUNDAIFAN0001

I do the Meguiar's Clay Bar treatment...followed by Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid polymer wax.

Both easy & fast to do a mid-size SUV (total of about 2 1/2 hours total), results are fantastic.

You use this one?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002SQZR...&ref=plSrch

Originally Posted By: gallydif
Originally Posted By: HYUNDAIFAN0001

You use this one?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002SQZR...&ref=plSrch
[color:#000099][/color]
Not at this point. That product seems to be more of a sealer for glossy finish than a long-term protectant. I called Meguiar's months ago when I started with Ultimate Liquid..and they said Ultimate's protection would last longer and provide very similar visual appearance results (glossiness), especially after a clay-bar treatment. Ultimate Liquid also applies much easier. Both formula's are "somewhat similar" according to the person I spoke with.

Last edited:
NXT2 is good stuff but it doesn't last that long. Try Finish Kare1000, its made by Meguiars' brother and last twice as long as Meguiars Ultimate here in the FL sun on a vehicle that's stored outside all the time.

Even after claying make sure you do a an ipa wipe down prior to applying the sealant. That way the sealant can bond properly to the paint. Then let it cure in the garage over night/24 hrs. The moisture in the evening and morning dew will affect the durability.

Ipa is rubbing alcohol and 70% is fine. Just pour it in a spray bottle. Then spray and wipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back