Supertech Full Synthetic 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
It varies by region. I confirmed by email that the Super Tech synthetic oil in my area is made by Warren in Omaha. It’s good stuff. They also make Mag 1 and some other private label oils. I’m running the 5w30 in my Frontier right now.

I'm not a fan, especially for a couple bucks more can get you into a quality, name brand synthetic like M1 or Pennzoil synthetic that you don't have to question the quality of. If you have to ask, you're already clearly second guessing the quality of ST so why bother running it? I'd only run it in a cheap car or something I was only going to drive for a short while before trading in. Anything kept long term gets the good stuff!

Originally Posted By: jongies3
I'm not a fan, especially for a couple bucks more can get you into a quality, name brand synthetic like M1 or Pennzoil synthetic that you don't have to question the quality of. If you have to ask, you're already clearly second guessing the quality of ST so why bother running it? I'd only run it in a cheap car or something I was only going to drive for a short while before trading in. Anything kept long term gets the good stuff!

Lol, Dexos Gen2; There is no second guessing

It is likely better then some of the fake boutique oils out there that have dodgy formulas and charge over 10 bucks a qrt for the same base oil. Buncha marketing gimmicky companies out there. Having said that, costco deal m1 is just over 4 bucks a qrt, hard to beat that.

Originally Posted By: burla
It is likely better then some of the fake boutique oils out there that have dodgy formulas and charge over 10 bucks a qrt for the same base oil. Buncha marketing gimmicky companies out there. Having said that, costco deal m1 is just over 4 bucks a qrt, hard to beat that.

Who would those be?

Oh, Everclear is one in the South East
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I used to run it, for years in fact. It was good serviceable oil. I did notice more varnish with it though.

Just put some in my 2017 Silverado 5.3. Definitely runs more quiet than any other 0W-20 I’ve ran (first fill using 5W30)

Originally Posted By: Bxnanaz
Just put some in my 2017 Silverado 5.3. Definitely runs more quiet than any other 0W-20 I’ve ran (first fill using 5W30)

Interesting considering how much is going on with VVT and AFM etc with the new gen 5.3L …

Thinking the piston jets must have helped … my 2017 is considerably quieter than my 2010 even with 0w20 in the newer and 5w40 in the older

Whats the NOACK and whats the HT/HS and boiling point aka FP. I've learned you can't have it all in this biz. This is why I pounced on the AAP clearance on IDEMITSU. [censored] oil for [censored] car.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HondaBroMike
Whats the NOACK and whats the HT/HS and boiling point aka FP. I've learned you can't have it all in this biz. This is why I pounced on the AAP clearance on IDEMITSU. [censored] oil for [censored] car.

What is this, 1943? Try again for "Asian" or specifically Japanese.

And by the way, the FP (assuming you mean flash point) is not "aka" the boiling point. Where did you learn your physical chemistry?

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: HondaBroMike

What is this, 1943? Try again for "Asian" or specifically Japanese.

And by the way, the FP (assuming you mean flash point) is not "aka" the boiling point. Where did you learn your physical chemistry?

The troll or GHT doesnt know a thing about oil

Originally Posted By: 4WD

Interesting considering how much is going on with VVT and AFM etc with the new gen 5.3L …

Thinking the piston jets must have helped … my 2017 is considerably quieter than my 2010 even with 0w20 in the newer and 5w40 in the older

It was already extremely quiet before with the 0w20, didn’t think it could get much quieter. Love how quiet this engine runs.

Did an off the bottle UPC check on ST 5w30 Syn and results pull up 2 active MSDS's. Warren Distribution and Citgo. Likely distributed on a regional basis. I'm fine with either. Meets latest GM spec's.

http://msds.walmartstores.com

Last edited:
Warren Distribution produces oil for most major brands so pay more or pay less, the only difference is the price.
Warren custom blends, bottles, and packages many brands.
Warren even makes the bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back