Anyone driven Federal 595 SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ordered some new 17s for the mr2 and picked up some Federal 595 SS on recommendation from some friends at my local car meet. I have never driven these. They have a 240 treadwear rating and should be plenty sticky. Does anyone have any experience on these tires?

For what it's worth, the wheels are tires are 17x8 et35 215/40 and 17x9 et30 235/40.

Yeah i got them on my saab atm, sticky, fairly quiet and so far have worn real well.. oddly enough and atleast on my saab they are pretty [censored] decent in the snow. I have maybe 15k on them and they are wearing pretty good.

I have their RS-RRs on my summer setup (215/40-17s on 17x8 Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s at all four corners).

These are basically 'cut slick', 200 tread wear gumballs, which scream like banshees on the highway (or any speed over 35 MPH), but they are like super glue to the road, and do not seem to be wearing as badly as their tread wear rating/suggested use would imply (for the short time I've had them on the car last summer/early fall).

I am trying to wait out any 'May surprises' weather wise before installing them for this season.

I was considering their 595 SSes and Evos 40-17 size), but wanted something A LOT stickier, tread mileage and noise be d****d.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back