That sound of the big blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
It idles somewhat naturally so not a pure race engine... But the induction system will not fit under the hood of any transitional muscle car. So maybe a truck of some sort, or a bubble hood with a scoop ... Nice build anyway
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: hatt
It would have had 1500 HP on 0W-16!!

For one pull.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Linctex
If the dyno run is JUST BEGINNING at 7,000+ RPM, it must be a pro stock (or similar) engine?

Unless something has changed recently, they don't use LS based engines in Pro Stock.

Also, even when punched out to 7.5 liters, or built from the block up by World, Dart, etc. to be that big or more, LSxes are not considered "big blocks".

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: 02SE
No LS blocks in NHRA Pro Stock. And not enough RPM or power for a Pro Stock engine.

Good point. A quick search yielded this Kaase built 820ci Ford Pro Stock video:

Which is now 830ci:
http://jonkaaseracingengines.com/shop/engines/kaase-830-c-i-pro-stock-ford/

And makes over 2,000HP N/A.

NHRA Pro Stock is limited to 500 cu in.

There are other racing series that allow larger displacement, some run as much as 1000 cu in.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
OK..... yes, NOT Pro Stock.

I wonder what it is REALLY going to be put into?

So I brought up Youtube and according to the video description: "It uses CID cylinder heads and intake and it's built by Tony Bischoff at BES Racing Engines in the US and headed into a True Street VN Commodore here in Australia."

No LS blocks in NHRA Pro Stock. And not enough RPM or power for a Pro Stock engine.

Which is now 830ci:

There are other racing series that allow larger displacement, some run as much as 1000 cu in.

That'd be IHRA Pro Stock Mountain Motor IIRC. I watched them run a few times, the 800+ CI mills were nuts!

Which is now 830ci:

That'd be IHRA Pro Stock Mountain Motor IIRC. I watched them run a few times, the 800+ CI mills were nuts!

Yes, the PDRA, and the IHRA when running in the USA allow larger displacement.

ANDRA and the IHRA (when running in Australia) allow 400 cu in.

thumbsup2.gif

The larger displacement applies to Canada as well, FWIW. So that'd be North America I'd assume, not just USA? The run at Cayuga and Grand Bend up here in Ontario, those are the two tracks I've watched them at.

I couldn't tell you. I've never participated in or watched Dragracing in Canada. The vast majority of my Dragracing experience is in the NHRA in the USA, and in TF. But have been to Australia too in the past.

I couldn't tell you. I've never participated in or watched Dragracing in Canada. The vast majority of my Dragracing experience is in the NHRA in the USA, and in TF. But have been to Australia too in the past.

No matter, likely no different up here than it is stateside anyways. Were there things in Australia that stuck out to you that set it apart there from what you were used to back home?

Not really, maybe a bit more interest from the public here. But it's hard to say definitively, as my time in OZ was limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back