Life of E85 in a red plastic gas can?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had (2) 5 gallon tanks of E85 in red plastic gas cans for 4-5 weeks now. Is it still good?
Myles

Originally Posted By: jhellwig
Yes.
Thank you for the quick reply, just clarifying. No need to worry about water contamination or those highly volatile components evaporating?

Originally Posted By: Nrok83
Yes.
Thank you for the quick reply, just clarifying. No need to worry about water contamination or those highly volatile components evaporating?

You put the cap on it didn’t you?

Why are you storing E85?

For that old 13:1 396
laugh.gif

Yes.

You put the cap on it didn’t you?
Of course

Why are you storing E85?

Not storing, had issues with car. Car was down for a month while e85 sat in a south florida garage

Yes.

Like said above, you WILL have to worry about evaporation, moisture and phase separation if these storage cans were not sealed up tight. Sealed up tight the fuel should be fine for months.

The reason people typically have problems with it in machinery or vehicles is, some systems are more open to atmosphere than others.

I bought 5 gallons of Speedway e 10 reglar last night. I put it my 25 yr old plastic gas can. When I got home, I used a siphon pump to dispense 2 gallons into a Blitz jug with the useless vent. I use funnels with that POJ. Then I mixed up a gallon of 32:1 mix. The remaining 2 gallons went into the Rat. The jugs are under cover and in a shed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back