Kubota G2460 Gas Tractor- How Much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Hope this is the correct forum?
Need help with this.
It is a 2005 model. In excellent shape and retains all the correct parts and manual.
Yearly it was serviced at the selling Kubota dealer. Has no damage or big scuffs etc.
Just serviced and yearly it has averaged about $300 in service costs.
It has 178 hours only on it- garage kept.

Now it looks like this one but the one in the picture looks beat-The one I am talking about doesn't have this wear and looks near new compared to this.

It is an elderly ladies mower that I'm helping to determine a price for.
She actually was the sole user of the machine- no other users.

The dealer wants to sell it for her and they serviced it but are not talking numbers.
They want 15% to sell it which is fine but I was willing to sell it for her.

I'm thinking a good list price would be $3900. and wiggle to $3500 as a bottom figure.
Am I off base?

Looks like this but not beat like this one. ( I don't live close enough to snap pictures until I actually put it up)
Thanks- hers is a 60" deck not 54"

https://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/farm-equipment/for-sale/19291281/2005-kubota-g2460

She is fortunate to have you help her. Curious when you say dealer is not talking numbers but they did give number of 15%............ which is OK I agree. Is dealer a good dealer?

Don't give it away.......... this is quite a tractor with extremely low usage and great maintenance, probably over maintained, that's 14 hours per year, at $300 per year. That was easy money for the dealer. It's not a ZTM but still very desirable. A tractor, not a mower.

Is that West Palm Beach, as in Florida?

Last edited:
If it has a diesel engine, $3500.00 would be a very attractive price. The low hours and being a desirable machine, it might sell for more. If it's a gas engines, $3500.00 sound a bit high.

Per specs based on that model number, this unit has a 3cyl Kubota gasoline engine. Many of their garden tractors use Kohler Commands. I've never worked on one, but from what I've read the inline 3 cyl gas, it's a strong, very long lasting engine as you'd expect from Kubota. Not the most fuel efficient though.

I'm sure it's worth every penny of $3500. Could you get that much for it? This would be the time of year to.

I didn't know that Kubota made three cylinder gas engines.

I'm familiar with their excellent three cylinder diesel engines because I've owned one for 35 years. It's on my 6000 Watt generator at camp which has 6500 hours on it and running like the day I bought three and a half decades ago.

If it has a Kubota built three cyl gas engine in it, it probably is worth the $3900.00.

I want to say this has a diesel block but I could be wrong.

Definitely a Kubota engine. Dad has a G2000 gasser and she’s a beast. Almost sounds diesel.

Thanks all.
I'll update this with pictures maybe tomorrow.

Yes this is a 900 pound tractor. 739 cc, 3 cylinder water cooled 24 hp tractor.
Power steering. A real nice quality tractor. Spare parts are also pretty cheap
About the cost of low end mowers.

I know yanmar made a three cylinder gas engine that had the same block as the diesel. I think I have seen a kubota one in something on Craig’s list.

^ Was just going to mention that!

I have done some mowing with a JD that has a 3cyl Yanmar gas engine. Very nice smooth, powerful machine. I know some older Cub Cadet garden tractors also could be had with that engine. I too have been told it's the same block as the Yanmar diesel. I would assume it's the same situation with an inline Kubota gas engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back