Rock Auto no longer giving shipping discounts..

Status
Not open for further replies.
to commercial addresses? Am I seeing this right? I've only played with a few items..

Used to be able to save an average of $2 or so by having my order shipped to a commercial address because I imagine FexEx figured they'd already be in the area. I recently bought control arms, TRE's, and rotors, which by doing so saved me some decent cash. The discounts were nice.

I realize this is most likely FedEx's doing. Just an interesting observation because RA is the only online retailer where commercial address shipping discounts were available.

*I'll still use RA in the future. Great place to buy from.

Last edited:
I'm surprised places are still charging for shipping...isn't the latest trend supposed to be free shipping?

Originally Posted By: grampi
I'm surprised places are still charging for shipping...isn't the latest trend supposed to be free shipping?

Why? little guys pay out the ying yang for shipping.
Not everybody is Amazon. Plus it's easier than marking up every product.

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
Free shipping is never free.

01.gif

Originally Posted By: Zee09
Originally Posted By: grampi

Why? little guys pay out the ying yang for shipping.
Not everybody is Amazon. Plus it's easier than marking up every product.

It'd certainly work on the bigger items that would otherwise be expensive to ship. (rotors, calipers etc)

Last edited:
It might just be about the shipping of smaller cartons or lighter items. Virtually every shipper will offer a discount if you can provide an address with a dock if the item is palletized or heavy (100 lbs or higher). Perhaps it's now limited to those items.

Ha-Ha. Charges for shipping will pop up more and more.

Then, when internet sales are taxed (on the way due to reasons which'll get this thread locked if I voice them) the vendors can offer free shipping on their terms (minimums etc.).

Funny because it's what they do already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back