Parta stores brand that rebox OEM filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any stores (autozone, advance, Napa, oreilly)

That have a deal on 0w40/5w40 and filter for a
2002 Mercedes CLK320?

AZ/autozone have STP/Purolator are any of these filter just a reboxed Mahle or Mann filter?

I found an old thread 2009 that a purolator L25277 was a Mann 718/5 X
But advance lists the L25276 as the filter for this car?

I have found that a bunch of the acdelco professional series of parts are reboxed OE. Thats been my experience and if they have it on hand. YMMV though...

I presume you 'need' a Mahle or Mann filter (and are trying to save some money) ? Or you can't get those locally easily ?

The tricky part about store-brand products are they can change suppliers at anytime and two different, but "equivalent" parts can be out there and the general public isn't kept updated on these changes. Or, a store-brand filter that fits a Honda Accord or F-150 and is really, really common may come from the same supplier but less common filters may come from another.

A good source for a 0W-40 Euro CAN BE Mobil1 0W-40 European Formula at Walmart because they charge the same as the regular 5W-30 etc.
I say CAN BE because not every Walmart includes the 0W-40 in their Mobil1 inventory. I've verified this myself at several Walmarts.

Ordering online got me a great price last time. Three 5 qt. jugs got me to free shipping.
There was no reason not to order it online except that it's one more place that has my credit card numbers.

What's funny is that my friend's kid sold his Saab and gave me his stash of 0W-40. I will scoot him some money.

Google a few images of the appropriate Mann and Mahle oil filters on your phone while at the store and compare them to the STP.
Also, check COO on the box. If it's Germany or Austria, then you're getting the real deal while if it's Mexico or China you aren't.
It isn't unusual for the lower volume oil filters in a line to be sourced from other producers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back