is Rejex still considered top tier sealant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
got a bottle and its almost done. seeign that its been around for a long time, has it been eclipsed by newer products? what works better?

Originally Posted By: SLO_Town
I've been very happy with Jescar Power Lock Plus. I get all my supplies from the Detailed Image.

Scott

Another vote for Power Lock. I had used Rejex and was happy with it, however after trying Power Lock it is much better imo and lasts a lot longer.

I used it once on my motorcycle, which was black. It left a cloudy look which could not be removed now matter how much buffing I did...I think Collinite 845 lasts just as long and looks MUCH better...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: grampi
I used it once on my motorcycle, which was black. It left a cloudy look which could not be removed now matter how much buffing I did...I think Collinite 845 lasts just as long and looks MUCH better...

As well as Jescar Power Lock, I use Collinite 845. Both are an essential part of my automotive detailing stuff. But, the OP asked for a "sealer". Collinite 845 is not a sealer, it is a hybrid wax. IMO, both products provide virtually the same truly incredible shine - I honestly cannot tell the difference.

For the longest possible paint protection, use Jescar Power Lock. It's easy to apply and wipe off, far easier than any canned carnauba paste wax.

Collinite 845 does not last as long. I use Collinite 845 on the front end and side mirror caps of all my cars every time I wash the car. 845 is amazingly easy to apply/wipe off and eases bug removal the next time you wash the car.

Both products are essential for any serious detailer, but they are two different types of product. IMO, you must have both.

Scott

As well as Jescar Power Lock, I use Collinite 845. Both are an essential part of my automotive detailing stuff. But, the OP asked for a "sealer". Collinite 845 is not a sealer, it is a hybrid wax. IMO, both products provide virtually the same truly incredible shine - I honestly cannot tell the difference.

For the longest possible paint protection, use Jescar Power Lock. It's easy to apply and wipe off, far easier than any canned carnauba paste wax.

Collinite 845 does not last as long. I use Collinite 845 on the front end and side mirror caps of all my cars every time I wash the car. 845 is amazingly easy to apply/wipe off and eases bug removal the next time you wash the car.

Both products are essential for any serious detailer, but they are two different types of product. IMO, you must have both.

Scott

My vehicles still bead water after 6 months with the 845....that may not be long compared to a good sealant, but for a wax I'd say that's outstanding...I'll have to look into the Jescar Power Lock, never heard of it...

Scott

My vehicles still bead water after 6 months with the 845....that may not be long compared to a good sealant, but for a wax I'd say that's outstanding...I'll have to look into the Jescar Power Lock, never heard of it...

Jescar Powerlock is a great product. It used to be Menzerna but the name was changed a while back. Made in Germany.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Power Lock + is not a spray, correct? It needs an applicator pad to be applied to paint?

No, it is not a spray. It is a thick liquid that you apply with a foam pad.

I highly recommend that you use it on your "new exhaust tips"!

Scott

I guess I don't consider Rejex a sealer, but I don't consider it a wax either.
It has a great finger rub feel to it. Leaves a very thin coat of something behind that stays around awhile on glass.

A sealer I recently tried is Sonax Polymer Net Shield, which seems to leave a thin layer of plastic on the paint, but is hydrophobic. It doesn't have a good finger rub feel to it, but repels dirt and water, and, when used on clear-coat aluminum wheels, helps keep brake dust either off of or easy to wash off of.
Since the layer it leaves behind is much thicker than Rejex I expect it will last a lot longer also.

I just detailed my truck after sitting outside all winter here in Eastern Washington. I used Rejex before we moved from California to Washington in November. I washed and used a clay bar, then used Rejex again and very happy with the results. Smooth with a deep shine. My truck is a 2017 F150 and is silver. Maybe not the best choice for black vehicles, but for my silver truck it was impressive. My 2018 Subaru, which is white and garaged, I did the same thing but instead of using Rejex, I used P21S, which is a good Carnauba wax and easy to apply. I'll see what happens through the summer. I'm using Meguiar's spray wax in between waxing because it's so easy to use, even in direct sun light and does a great maintenance touch up shine.

Despite a number of competitive product performance claims, Rejex remains the only product that keeps our helicopter's exhaust from staining the paint.

It seems to last about 6 months on the company truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back