Husq 322L, how to convert to brush cutter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd be surprised how much power a blade uses. Make sure that it is a option for your machine otherwise it will bog down bad and useless.

Originally Posted By: JLawrence08648
You'd be surprised how much power a blade uses. Make sure that it is a option for your machine otherwise it will bog down bad and useless.

Quite the opposite in my expirience. The blade uses less power than lines. You have a tendency to bog it down cutting off more than it can chew due to blades not flexing out of the way when you take to big of a bite. I have to richen the carb a little to keep the rpms down when I go to poly blades verses line.

I went with the Husqavarna accessory from Baileys. The manual was printed in 15 languages. I just wish it included the screw dimensions, It came with a shoulder strap and wing handle to add to the loop. Cuts briers and bigger weeds easily. Of course, the Husqvarna resisted the mod. I flooded it and after I put a new plug in, the starter wouldn't rewind. Once I figured out it was a stuck pawl in the starter cup, It was easy to fix. Mostly, it needed to be cleaned. I held the pawl retracted with a piece of fine wire and all was good. Wrestling with that involved the tank and one of the fuel line grommets sprung a leak. So I will try to replace them tomorrow. I need to mix more fuel before I can give it a work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back