CAF Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCI

Just when you think the topic can't be squeezed any harder.

AC wasn't keeping up, pulled the CAF, surprising amount of debris in there for as recently as it was changed.

There was some larger stuff in there, some tree seeds and the like. A lot. When I pulled the filter some of the debris fell down into the fan. Yes, the ---- hit the fan, in a manner of speaking.

And now it is noisy, the tree seeds and leaves are inside the fan housing.

Any easy way to get that stuff back out of there?

I had a rodent chew up a cabin air filter in the tundra and I believe I unscrewed a few bolts underneath the glove box to pop out the blower fan. I then put my hand up in the housing and pulled out as much stuff as I could. I don’t remember it being too painful but I’m sure it depends on your vehicle so your mileage may vary. Try searching YouTube for your model car and blower fan replacement or some such.

Depending on angle, you may be able to get a vacuum cleaner with a narrow attachment down in there to get some of it out.

Valuable lesson here to have a shop vac on hand to pick up the loose chunks before pulling the old filter out.

Blowing compressed air into the housing may make things dance around and fly out.

Use differing "attack angles". Also use the air AND the vacuum cleaner at the same time.

Move, jiggle, boogie

Good ideas.

I see a little creative use of PVC plumbing fittings for a new shop vac attachment in my future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back