Hot Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Chris142
Beef only. I can't stand the chicken and pork ones.they are nasty! Costco has the best. $1.50 for a huge hotdog and a drink. I usually BBQ them

+1 on the Costco hot dogs!

Originally Posted By: raburn2906
Originally Posted By: Chris142
Beef only. I can't stand the chicken and pork ones.they are nasty! Costco has the best. $1.50 for a huge hotdog and a drink. I usually BBQ them

+1 on the Costco hot dogs!
Another +1 on Costco Dogs.
Pure Beef!

COSTCO off the steamer
smile.gif

Slow smoked hotdogs using hickory wood chunks and Kingsford competition briquettes... Takes 30-40 minutes... I like Nathan's hotdogs the best. And trust me smoked hotdogs are AWESOME. Way, way better this way than grilling them over direct flame.

I like them polish dogs at Costco but I wish they had an upgrade to a better quality bun.

I usually have sausages instead of hot dogs, but this week I picked up a pack of Ball Park Angus beef bun length hot dogs for a change. Normally I give these a quick grilling on the gasser, but after reading bbhero's post I may have to try smoke-roasting some instead next week while the wife's out of town on business, except with Royal Oak Chef's Select 100% hardwood briquets and wild cherry wood.

Last edited:
Sam's has Nathan's, Costco has Costco. Costco wins for the $1.50. Polish dogs were dropped in St. Louis for Brats a couple of years ago. Costco dog is the rare one that I'll pick over a Brat.

Costco sold 105 million hot dogs and 36.7 million of roasted chickens last year.The hot doges at $1.50 and the whole roasted chickens $4.99 have been at the same price for over 30 years

Several doctors took out a billboard in Indianapolis that said "Eating a hot dog is as bad for you as smoking a cigarette. It's that bad for you". Maybe 10 years ago. No hot dogs since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back