Need tires for a 2011 Camry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking at Cooper CS5 or maybe Pirelli P4 4 seasons plus, am I missing anything else good in this price range?

I run General RT43's on both my Camry's. Supposedly they have the edge in snow--not a snow tire, but slightly better in snow than CS5's. At least when new!

I don't think they always wear the most even, but I seem to get 35-40k, and they do ride pretty good. I stick with them rather than research time and again, just seem good enough. I also try to buy during sales time, that helps bring the price down.

The General RT-43 performed very well on my wife’s Volvo XC. An excellent tire value.

I'm running CS5's on my summer wheels on my Malibu (2553520) and they are great on wet and dry roads. My o.e tires are (2156016) im running continental tru contacts. Thoes are amazing in the wet and snow. U can do 70+ in the rain/snow and you would think your on dry pavement.

The Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring with a V speed rating would be the tire for your Camry. I had a set of RT43s on an ‘06 Tucson. They were one of the worst tires I’ve ever had. I had them for two months and got the dealer to exchange them for a set of CooperCS3. General joined Firestone on my never buy list.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
The General RT-43 performed very well on my wife’s Volvo XC. An excellent tire value.

+ 1. Running the same tire on my Moms Volvo V70. Excellent tire at a reasonable price.

Sam

FYI: CS5s are made in the US if that factors into your purchases.

I have 2 full sets on (2) cars and have no reason to look elsewhere. They are a great smooth tire.

Last edited:
If your daily commute is longer than 20 minutes, there are some good recommendations in the “Comfy tires” thread.

Last edited:
I have the pirelli p4 all season plus on the elantra. i think there may be a slight loss of mpg, but they wear like iron. I'm happy with them.

What size do you need?
smile.gif

Is winter/snow performance an important factor? Do you have separate winter tires?

Michelin Premier A/S is my recommendation. The treadlife is probably on the shorter side compared to some other options, but they ride great and offer fantastic wet traction.

What Camry are you asking for?
LE, SE, 4 cyl, V6, what? These matter!
Are you looking for sportier handling or better ride quality? What?

From my personal experience, I loved the P4 year round as well as the RT43. And although I've never used the CS5, I do still have CS4 and use them in the winter with great success.

If quiet is in your criteria, the RT43 may be a bit more audible(but not loud per/say) and have better than average impact absorption over broken pavement. The P4s were quiet and the CS5 should be as well and good in the ride & quiet category too.

Pirelli P4's run kinda narrow(skinny looking) for their size, causing me to think I had the wrong size tire on the car until I looked at the size. However, they were one or or maybe the best tire I've ever had.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Yokohama makes high quality, low cost tires.

I'll second Yokohama's! I had a set of their Avid Touring S on my 2008 Jetta (16") and they were excellent in the snow and just as good in the wet weather. They also gripped good on cornering those mountain roads. I think a set in 2015 mounted and balanced was under $400.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back