2018 Hellcat Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just crossed over 850 miles on this vehicle. So far it has burned at little over half a quart of oil. Been topping off with Castrol 0w-40. This car is much more comfortable than I had anticipated. Driver and passenger comfort is great...back seat not so much...but the kids manage just fine. The front right fender is not quite as flush as the other side, but no big deal. Still following the break in protocol to 1,500 miles, so I have not been too aggressive. One notable surprise, my last 2 tanks of fuel I have been averaging 19.2+ MPG with street settings and 707 hp (no ECO mode). 87% has been highway cruising between 60-75 MPH and the rest city with some spirited accelerations. Once I get more miles I will do a more comprehensive review...hopefully can live up to others on here.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Like that car!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: maxdustington
Originally Posted By: mbacfp
Just crossed over 850 miles on this vehicle. So far it has burned at little over half a quart of oil.

frown.gif

The engine is still breaking in. Not everything is nice and seated. I wouldn't be too concerned about it just yet.

Once you start beating on it hard, building cylinder psi, those rings will seat good and the oil usage will go down.

Thanks everyone. I am in Ventura County. How about you The Critic? From 25 miles to 250/300 that is where most oil consumption occurred. Now at 850 and has slowed down...will track it.

Last edited:
I follow that in my SRT Gauges...seems like 70-72 is what I see a lot...will check on way home with some more spirited driving...
grin.gif

Looks good, I tend to like the challenger body style better but the hellcat version I think the charger looks meaner.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
What oil PSI are you seeing in the Hellcat? My SRT shows somewhere around 60 PSI in normal driving.

When did you pick up the SRT!? Where did you buy from?

I drove a Daytona 392 last week and it was a blast! Still need to take the time to test drive the Giulia.

I got it from San Fernando Dodge...only place willing to deal below MSRP in my area. Also gave me more than double on trade-in vs. other dealers. Pretty good experience. They are amazing machines.

I picked it up April 13th...car was made in late February I believe.

19.2 mpgs out of a 700 hp engine that is impressive. I love white vehicles for some reason.

Thanks everyone. I am in Ventura County. How about you The Critic? From 25 miles to 250/300 that is where most oil consumption occurred. Now at 850 and has slowed down...will track it.

I am in the SF area.

The only reason I ask is because I have at least 5 quarts of the Pennzoil 0w40 in the back of the shop that I have no use for. Shipping might be a bit expensive though.

One notable surprise, my last 2 tanks of fuel I have been averaging 19.2+ MPG with street settings and 707 hp (no ECO mode).

Nothing wrong with that!

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
What oil PSI are you seeing in the Hellcat? My SRT shows somewhere around 60 PSI in normal driving.

How did I miss you buying a Charger? Did you post pictures?

Very nice!

I'm surprised the back seat is small - some variant of that is used as police cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back