Toyota 2GR-FE TGMO with Particle Count

Status
Not open for further replies.
Analysis with Particle Count

TGMO 0W-20 + Fram Ultra XG9972 @70K mi

5K on oil and 10K on filter (change filter every other OC)

Calculated the filter @14 microns allowed (24 particles not caught/43669 particles total) * 100 = 0.05%
It is 99.9% efficient.

Blackstone said it was particles/ml and they will re-do the oil analysis again because Pb was found in a sample before my analysis.

Fram synthetic ultra are amazing and the data proves it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the post. I just purchased Fram ultras for borhe vehicles. I'll be doing two oil changes per filter in the caravan and 3 OCI per filter on the civic.

Yes, Toyota's maintenance schedule is synthetic oil+filter @10kmi but the oem filter looks like it is cellulose based. I suspect the oem filter can cannot achieve those particle count levels.

Originally Posted By: Patrick0525
Yes, Toyota's maintenance schedule is synthetic oil+filter @10kmi but the oem filter looks like it is cellulose based. I suspect the oem filter can cannot achieve those particle count levels.

Any evidence to back that "i suspect " part up?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you are way off on your calculations and optimism. It just doesn't work like you are saying about efficiency %. A ml is a very small amount of oil. 5 qts = 4732 ml. If the numbers are the same for the rest of the oil, unlikely, that's a lot of particles. Particles can be all sorts of things, many are harmless. The 23 number is not good at all.
49.gif

www.precisionfiltration.com/products/PDF/Understanding%20ISO%20Codes.pdf

Thanks for the link, goodtimes! That takes some of the mystery out. Upon perusing it, I agree. I also agree with car51's question.

Paper vs synthetic media, I used 'suspect' because companies like Wix, Fram, Amsoil, Mobil 1 have done testing, offer tiered priced synthetic products and then made their marketing claims.

I put my 23/27/12 on the dirty side.

Blackstone particle count

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back