Why do I detail the wife's vehicle first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So winter is rough on the vehicles here in Michigan. The carpets get trashed by salt and dirty slush etc. The wife has a nice clean and pretty interior now. Why?

"Happy wife, happy life"
wink.gif

Zzman make cleaning carpets easier next winter. Place newspapers underneath the car mats and change out the wet newspapers once a week. Salt stains will be greatly reduced and you'll possibly be happier ;-)

Or get a bunch of old carpet samples. 3 or 4 layers of various widths. Lots of carpet stores will sell samples and excess cuts for cheap.

Or move South.
Preferably not here and more West.

We have enough transplants as it is.

My wife vacuums her and my cars. I wash them. It works.

Vacuum takes less time than washing (especially since hers is a van).

My wife is willing to work, has no entitlement attitude, and doesn't mind dirty/lousy jobs. I'm very lucky.

Originally Posted By: KJSmith
Or move South.

Haha I welcome you here. It would be nice to have a transplant here that actually speaks English

Originally Posted By: gallydif
Originally Posted By: KJSmith
Or move South.

Haha I welcome you here. It would be nice to have a transplant here that actually speaks English

Really, I was just trying to " stir the pot".
Northerners aren't near as bad as Californians.
They have ruined their state and seem intent on getting the rest of them also.
Austin is already a lost cause.

Because you sir are a smart man. Me I use my wife's Jeep to test products on from to time to see if they're worth using on my newer ride.
27.gif
Good thing she doesn't read this board.

Carpet samples are about $1 each at Menards and carpet stores will often give them to you free if you ask. They get thousands of them per year. I never vacuum my vehicles, just toss the dirty carpet samples out and put in new ones..not worth dragging out my shop vac since carpet samples are so cheap. I do not care what color the samples are or even if they match. They get get dirty I toss them and put in new ones.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
So you get your own detailing later??
;^)

I will do mine later

Originally Posted By: Egg_Head
They don't sell WeatherTech mats way up there?

Well she had rubber floor mats in on top of the regular floor mats. Not really sure how the carpet got as bad as it did.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Originally Posted By: Egg_Head
They don't sell WeatherTech mats way up there?

Well she had rubber floor mats in on top of the regular floor mats. Not really sure how the carpet got as bad as it did.

more water than rubber mats could hold...
or
lots of snow on boots and it kind of gets behind/under the rubber mats...
or
something with the way she gets in the car...the way she put her feet around before pressing any pedal...

Do they slide around? (safety hazard!)

I had to extract the carpet mats from under the rubber mats (double stacking) on my Mazda5, because I consider it dangerous because of movement/sliding....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back