Motor oil madman's thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious as to why it got locked? I read through it and there was nothing inappropriate or against the forum rules.

Topics like his in the General and Off Topic forum seem like a great place for them. None of us here know each other so we're able to all be the "Devil's Advocate" per se without being biased. It's actually a lot of fun to read through topics like his to read opinions and advice from all over the world.

And yes,I'm bored. I need some good reading material
laugh.gif

Funny you ask. I'm a little upset about this honestly. I kind of feel like the administrators tend to single me out frequently on this forum and it's unacceptable. I constantly have to re ask the same question in a diffent manner because they keep locking my threads. I would like a personal phone conversation with both the owner and the administrator of this website, along with an apology.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot Of times these threads get locked before I even have a chance to comment. Everyone rants and raves about my unique posts and then I get treated like [censored] from the website admins.

I always enjoy your threads motor oil madman. We're a huge potpourri of different walks of life here. That's what I love about this site. I've learned a lot of things from reading the various wisdoms of the wonderful people here.

Keep being yourself motor oil madman and don't let the Negative Nancy's get you down!
cheers3.gif

Yeah, didn't see anything wrong with that thread.

But with a private site, like a private business, you can be thrown out if they just don't like you...don't really have to give a reason.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Yeah, didn't see anything wrong with that thread.

But with a private site, like a private business, you can be thrown out if they just don't like you...don't really have to give a reason.

Pretty much it.

Yeah I guess they deserve the right to do so. Oh well. Maybe I'll make my own forum. Motor_oil_madman.com 😁

Originally Posted By: Garak
Perhaps someone posted something very obnoxious and a mod noticed it and deleted it and locked the thread before anyone knew what was up.

either is anti-drama prevention or somebody go too "rough".
I remember "(edit - mod)" and couple other terms...

IBTL...

JK

I enjoy a lot of the non-oil-related threads. If the admins push out too many characters, the site will lose its check-daily appeal for me. There’s only so much one can read about changing oil or whether a Fumoto valve is stupid or genius, after all....

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Yeah I guess they deserve the right to do so. Oh well. Maybe I'll make my own forum. Motor_oil_madman.com 😁

Take a good shower, and leave the computer alone.

The suggestions to go outside of online dating have been made to you in at least 3 threads.

Nothing will be perfect if it is not happening at all.

You have to start somewhere.

First step would actually be to leave your BITOG obsession and actually get some friends/relatives to give you some honest opinions...

You can also keep it private and do a PM session: I think you can invite 3-4 guys.

Now, I'm a nerd, introvert and so on....

But I DID SOMETHING! and still do!

Time flies... and never comes back.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
IBTL...

JK

I enjoy a lot of the non-oil-related threads. If the admins push out too many characters, the site will lose its check-daily appeal for me. There’s only so much one can read about changing oil or whether a Fumoto valve is stupid or genius, after all....

I challenge you to wipe your lights with MMO: Like that you used it for it's cleaning properties and actually never used it in the engine...
or your working shoes....

Originally Posted By: pandus13
Originally Posted By: Garak
Perhaps someone posted something very obnoxious and a mod noticed it and deleted it and locked the thread before anyone knew what was up.

either is anti-drama prevention or somebody go too "rough".
I remember "(edit-mod)" and couple other terms...

I was the one with the (edit - mod) comment but it was not meant or aimed at anyone. It was advice on how to act and to avoid women that go for that. There are a lot of guys that still treat women in a way that I would describe (in as harsh of words as we can use around here) as being an (edit-mod). It isn’t right.

I still say that an oil forum isn’t the best place to ask for relationship advice. Ask people that are in good long term relationships for advice. Although there probably are quite a few on here.

A few posts were negative, but most posts were just trying to be helpful, so I don't understand either why the whole thread got locked. A common interest brings all these people together on this forum, from there (for those who want to) it's nice to share with each other a bit of life's experiences, ups, downs, questions etc.

Originally Posted By: carviewsonic
A few posts were negative, but most posts were just trying to be helpful, so I don't understand either why the whole thread got locked. A common interest brings all these people together on this forum, from there (for those who want to) it's nice to share with each other a bit of life's experiences, ups, downs, questions etc.

Kinda reminds me of the students that got man handled off the stage at the University of Florida. Either delete the offending post or leave it and then lock it. If an offending post was deleted, then there was no point to locking it. Threads eventually run their course and end on their own anyway so sometimes it seems rather pointless to even lock a marginal thread.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/article210612769.html

We BITOGers have to stick together!

motor oil madman's thread was a nice change, different than the plethora of "my OC is due in 3k but I am going on a 3200 mile trip should I change now or after" threads. I actually had a lot of fun reading that thread, thanks buddy
thumbsup2.gif

I confess - it was me that got that thread closed down. I didn’t mean to, i was telling my favorite joke regarding wives.

Take mine for example..no really, take my wife!

...or something like that.

A-HAHAHAHA!!

*sigh*

I slay me sometimes...

Originally Posted By: carviewsonic
Rodney Dangerfield!
laugh.gif

He's the best!

My wife likes to talk during sex. Last night, she called me from Florida!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back