Why do women cancel on me all the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was supposed to have a date with this girl I met online today, but she cancelled on me. I was just talking to her this morning. It's like she totally forgot about it. I texted her like 3hrs before we were supposed to meet and she was like oh [censored] I forgot I can't go and then deleted me.

I quit working like 3hrs early today to get ready and this is what happens. I'm so tired of it. This happens girl after girl.

Well you learned something early on about her. Consider the lesson. Do ask her again for a date and see if she brings the subject back up. She may figure she's found a much wealthier Sugar Daddy else where!

Last edited:
Not trying to sound mean.. but if this is happening on a regular basis, then I think it may be time to think about the only common factor in all of these girls.. you.

Something about your demeanor, personality, way of expressing yourself, etc.. is causing these girls to have second thoughts. The sooner you can figure out what it is, the sooner you can turn things around. Could also just be a common thing with all the girls you've been approaching..

Again, not trying to sound mean, but if this kind of thing started happening to me every time, I'd be taking a long hard look at myself and figuring out what I needed to work on.

.. or I'd be looking for different women.

how about instead of online you go on-life. go out to meet someone. Women are at stores, bars, coffee shops, work, convenience stores, etc. Say hi if you like what you see, start some small talk, get #, call it a win. You will lose at this also. But will win too.

It's a game, enjoy it. When you get the slice of pie, its that much sweeter.

Just remember to hit the reset button as needed, until you come across the game you'd like to play for life. That about sums it up. Oh, and sometimes playing can be expensive. Divorce, unwanted kids out of marriage, crazy women, etc. If you play, be prepared to pay. Another aspect of the game. That really sums it up.

Have fun.

Well I don't really know what i do wrong. I only find these girls online which is probably the problem, bit I don't have a social life to find them through mutual friends.

Since no one on a message board really knows you, ask people that are your friends if you are the problem. Maybe they can give you some honest advice, especially your female friends.

Many ladies on the internet are not "ladies" and often catfish or try to manipulate the person that is interested. Be wary. It may not be a you thing at all.

Originally Posted By: wallyuwl
You could just do what people did before the internet... meet people at a bar.

I'm listening. What do you do take the girl home or get her number and call later on?

Yeah, I'd say your medium is the problem. I'm old-fashioned, I still thing 'meeting' people to date on line is kinda nuts.

Humans were meant to 'meet' in person...yeah, it can be awkward, but it is the 'real' way to do things.

In the old days, I would say "a bar" wouldn't be a bad place to meet women-but not these days, the bars are kind of insane & somewhat dangerous-a lot of drugs, etc. going on. You'll laugh when I say this, but I would think CHURCH of all places wouldn't be a bad place to meet people, especially if you're a little older. Of course, all the other places are good answers too-it just seems that a lot of unattached women in a bar are even more screwed up than you are!

I always thought a matchmaking site like eharmony made some sense as an online dating site. Apparently they have you fill out a questionnaire with dozens of questions in order to make a good match. Also, it might weed out the lazy or the flaky types somewhat. Worth a look...

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
I was supposed to have a date with this girl I met online today, but she cancelled on me. I was just talking to her this morning. It's like she totally forgot about it. I texted her like 3hrs before we were supposed to meet and she was like oh [censored] I forgot I can't go and then deleted me.

She's probably trying to juggle a few guys at the same time. Women who come across as attractive on dating sites get bombarded by tons of guys. They don't know what to do sometimes, and will cancel and make excuses if a "better deal" comes up.

Canceling a date 3 hours ahead of time without a good reason is about as rude as it gets. That said - as has been mentioned - if this is happening to you a lot then it is either something you are doing or you are picking seriously flakey women (which is suppose still falls under “something you are doing”).

I mean “motor_oil_madman” isn’t your e-harmony handle is it?
grin.gif

I've met 9 women in person that I met online. I'm happily married to one now. It's a great way to meet women and get to know them a little before meeting in person. Don't why they would agree to meet you and then cancel. Keep it light. Did you talk to this woman on the phone before you agreed to meet?

Are you ugly?

I think I know the problems as I have sisters.
There are many more guys on most dating sites than there are women.
My youngest sister did online dating and told me she would get dozens of responses when she put her ad up online. She said guys like to brag about their job, their Harley of other stuff.
Your going up guys that have more to offer than you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back