Meguiars ultimate fast finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought this product today. My question is in what step do I use it?

After I clay bar- do I wax first and then apply ultimate fast finish? OR
apply ultimate fast finish first and then apply wax?

(wax I'll be using is 303 spray wax)

Thanks!

Fast Finish is the final step, after correction and waxing. I used Ultimate Liquid Wax, followed by Ultimate Fast Finish, and I top with Ultimate Spray Wax.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Fast Finish is the final step, after correction and waxing. I used Ultimate Liquid Wax, followed by Ultimate Fast Finish, and I top with Ultimate Spray Wax.

why would you put a sealant (fast finish) on top of a wax?

Originally Posted By: gallydif
Figured the sealant would seal the wax and have it last longer?
I guess the question is whether Fast Finish was designed to be applied directly to paint or if it'll "stick" just as well to a layer of wax.

clean, clay bar, then seal... fast finish or any sealant should go on directly. no need to top with a wax, and certainly wouldn't put it on top of a wax first, which defeats it's purpose. you could boost with a spray wax or detailer after washings, etc.

Just out of curiosity, is this Fast Finish product longer lasting/better than something like Car Guys Hybrid Wax Sealer spray?

Wax should go on last. A sealant before that. An IPA wipedown before the sealant so it can bond properly. Before that clay. Prior to that some Iron-x if it's a lighter colored car in the rust belt.

Fast Finish is designed to go on top of your wax. Says so right on the tin.

I use spray wax when I do quick washes.

Edit: Here's a thread from Meguiar's on it's use.

That seems to go against most popular detailing sequences, but if megs says it, then fast finish on top of wax it is!

Fast Finish is designed to go on top of your wax. Says so right on the tin.

I use spray wax when I do quick washes.

Edit: Here's a thread from Meguiar's on it's use.

Thanks! That thread answered all of my questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back