Dead: Cadillac ATS Sedan

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the same price as the CTS which is a full size car. Probably something most Cadillac buyers want. One of the best looking sedans in their line up. Probably steals sales from the larger sedans they have. When my dad passed the funeral home had a new black CTS in the fleet. Although the large sedans are better for being cut in half and lengthened into a limo.

"The last we heard, the ATS and larger CTS would be replaced by just one mid-sized sedan called the CT5, and an even smaller Audi A3-sized competitor was also in the works, possibly called the CT3 or CT4."

It also came out in 2012 so was due for an upgrade.

The only Cadillacs I really see in the Bay Area besides ratted out CTS are Escalades and the occasional XTS with an Uber or SFO limo placard.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Seems like US manufacturers are killing off their sedans left right and center.

Thing was, Ford didn't really have anything domestic to offer. Weren't some going to be made in China?

What besides the Mustang was of interest?

Even if second best, the ATS was a competitive option with some desirable trims. GM and Chrysler sedans are of greater interest IMO.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
GM and Chrysler sedans are of greater interest IMO.
GM's Sonic and Impala are on the chopping block, rumors say.

Earlier it was also reported that Buick LaCrosse, Cadillac CT6, Cadillac XTS are going away.

Sonic I can understand - you don't see those around nearly as much as Cruze's or even Malibu's.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Originally Posted By: talest
Dead: Cadillac.
No, just most of their owners in 5-10 years...

Man that's cold.

Originally Posted By: Bud
Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Originally Posted By: talest
Dead: Cadillac.
No, just most of their owners in 5-10 years...

Man that's cold.
It's just a joke! I must be getting close, those CTS-Vs are looking pretty good!

Reading the article, it mentions that Cadillac is developing new models to compete with Audi and the like. That just confirms that GovMo is ten years behind and out of step. It’s too late for them.

I drove these everyday for almost 2 yrs as a lot porter. I thought they were too cramped inside and we didn’t sell many. CTS sold even fewer along with the XTS. I found them boring to drive except for the ATS-V and the CTS-V. Other than that meh as some have said. Cadillac is outdated design every soccer mom has one. They have a lot of new models coming out in the future 10-15 in the next few years were the rumors. But it may be to late for them. Buick is a better selling brand anyways. Cars and CUVs for Buick and Large SUV/trucks for Chevy/GMC. Bye Caddy

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Reading the article, it mentions that Cadillac is developing new models to compete with Audi and the like. That just confirms that GovMo is ten years behind and out of step. It’s too late for them.
Cadillac already competes with Audi, BMW, Lexus, Infinity, Lincoln, Jaguar, Mercedes, Alfa Romeo. As for performance, Cadillac is right in the battle, with an awesome chassis and great engines, and its been that way for 10 years or so now.

Cadillac's big problem is an image they can't shake: From the choice of pimps & old folks during the past 40 years, coupled with the weird styling they often choose to put on them, Cadillac is always struggling to impress. Many people just don't like the chunky, sharp-angle styling.

These days if you want to impress your peers or potential clients, you get a European luxury badge or possibly Japanese luxury badge. If you get a Buick, Cadillac, or Lincoln, people think you believe Bob Hope is still the coolest person to ever live. They think you're out of touch with the times. Its really only an image of course, but people apply emotional image impressions all the time. (Its wrong.)

Some performance enthusiasts have embraced the Chevy small-block CTS-V's in the past few years though, but that's also not quite enough. Yes, in the 'hood, the Escalades are popular, but that's not enough sales. Altogether, Cadillac has survived though of course.

Now we see the ATS's days are numbered, an excellent chassis & engine. That chassis was applied to the newest Camaro to help make it about the best sports car around. The ATS's issue is that polarizing styling.

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
The depreciation on these is horrible. You can buy a three year old ATS with under 30k on it for 19k... so why buy a new one for 45k?

I just checked a bunch of TrueCar.com used car listings for 2015 Caddy ATS sedans vs. 2015 BMW 320i sedans, and they are about the same! Really, try it. Around $20,000 for a low-miles (20-30k miles) car. Actually with that, the BMW would still be under the 4-year BMW warranty, you'd think that would be an advantage. (The ATS and 3-series are identical in exterior dimensions, BTW.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back