New shocks and lift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went w new Bilstein shocks, the oem shocks had 83k miles on them, they were just about done. Makes a huge enough difference in ride quality, worth the extra cost. Lift 2.5” front (torsion key) and 1.5” rear (shackles).

Yep nice truck,lets keep it that way with proper bolts! top and bottom. Also some blue loctite if you are reusing those locknuts.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dave1027
Looks like that top shackle nut is barely on there. Maybe you should install longer bolts?

If that nut is tight its not cool. Truck looks good though.
thumbsup2.gif

Guys... look at the original bolts. They are plenty long enough.

Now recall that suspension parts like spring shackles shouldn't be tightened until the wheels are back on and the weight is on the car/truck. That shackle is almost vertical and there's no wheel on the other side, so you can logically conclude and assume the rear of the truck is still in the air and that at the time the pic was taken, he wasn't done yet. Jeez.

So you've used the same length shocks and mounting points, but have cranked the front springs up a couple inches and re-positioned the rear springs? Isn't the suspension pretty much topped out now? Or was the truck riding around near the bottom of its travel before?
On my old Tracker, a cheap off-road trick was too install longer travel rear shocks to get more rear articulation, perhaps you should do the same?

Photo was taken before I torqued the nut down. It’s the stock hardware so it’s plenty. Thanks bottom feeder. The lift kit came w spacers for the front shocks (1st pic) and spacers to drop the front diff (2nd pic). And yes, I did get an alignment . No need to get longer shocks, rides like stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back