M1-206A Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Filter was run for about 1,500 miles with Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5W-40. (The oil had about 3,500 when drained) I wanted to see how it would hold up since the car no longer has a filter bypass.

Unfortunately my 911 won't be driven much in the next 6 months if at all, so I gave it some fresh Delo SDE 15W-40 and an XG3506.

Enjoy:

Looks ok. Some excessive glue also i spy
smile.gif

1) start of wavy media syndrome in the one picture?

2) ?? 1500 miles ?? isn't that like barely a dent in the oci rating for mobil 1 filters?

1500 miles is very light duty for any filter. The construction of the EP is very solid.

What was the media like as far as thickness and sturdiness?

Thanks roofless for the C&P

I know 1500 miles wasn't much, but I was changing the oil and wanted to see how an M1 would hold up to full-flow filtration short term before going longer.

The media is a little wavy - didn't look like anything special IMHO. Very similar to the standard cartridge media I'm used to seeing.

Originally Posted By: kmrcstintn

2) ?? 1500 miles ?? isn't that like barely a dent in the oci rating for mobil 1 filters?

He drives a late model 911, I'm sure a $10 filter is nothing for him to throw away/test lol
wink.gif

Anyways thanks rooflessvw for the C&P on this M1 filter !!! I run the same filter on my Suburban and was very curious on how they perform. I plan to keep mine on for (2) 5K OCI's 10K miles total

Dave

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Zee09
These make the Ultra look even better-thanks

Exactly my thoughts....and these cost more too.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Bypasses are a good thing to have.

Yeah? Well, I'm glad to have it gone.

The LN adapter is not an untested piece made by some fly-by-night company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back