Triax Lubricants, LLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

garageman402

$100 Site Donor 2024
Anyone have any new info on Triax "Extreme Full Synthetic Engine Oil with Moly"? There was a thread last year, but nothing much mentioned about it. Seems there is no proof of API or Dexos compliance.

I see Amazon has 5 gallon pails for $109, and eBay has (2) 2.5 Bottles for same price. They claim 85% wear reduction and Zero Cam wear (100% reduction), among other things.

Is this the real deal?

I don't have any experience with the product, but this jumped out at me:
Quote:
Eliminates the need for adding after-market boosters and additives. Contains perfectly balanced super additive system.

That they appear to think there is a "need" for aftermarket additives raises a red flag for me right away.

That being said, 100% reduction in wear. Uh huh....seems legit
13.gif

Originally Posted By: MotoTribologist
I don't have any experience with the product, but this jumped out at me:
Quote:
Eliminates the need for adding after-market boosters and additives. Contains perfectly balanced super additive system.

That they appear to think there is a "need" for aftermarket additives raises a red flag for me right away.

That being said, 100% reduction in wear. Uh huh....seems legit
13.gif

Lmao. What a load.

"That they appear to think there is a "need" for aftermarket additives raises a red flag for me right away." So moly is motor oils is no good?????

Originally Posted By: 63Marauder

"That they appear to think there is a "need" for aftermarket additives raises a red flag for me right away." So moly is motor oils is no good?????

That is quite a leap to have made and not at all what I said.

Modern oils are being made for one application, di turbo's. They are having every other application that may benefit from older additive packages pushed into the gf-6 spec, or currently the gf-6 friendly spec since that spec has eluded oil manufacturers but some are tailoring their formula with this in mind. As long as the science behind an additive is solid, maybe it is as simple as a calcium additive for someone wanting that because they don't have a di turbo and they see the benefit of having high calcium.

It was not that long ago when "oil" guys were a glow with the high calcium levels in some brands, now that those brands are sparce with calcium, all of a sudden we don't need no stinking calcium. The fact is we don't know what we will get with the next spec, but there is precious little concern for the engines of yesteryear in this spec. One size does not fit all. Just like the diesel market, we are headed to a time where additives may benefit consumers, even if they are additives to put back what the gf-6 spec, API, and CAFE took away. This gov't and auto manufacturers give no terd if your vehicle lasts a long time, in fact they both are heavily invested in assuring the opposite.

I cut and paste what you said. So it was what you said. I just thought that I would ask.

I cut and paste what you said. So it was what you said. I just thought that I would ask.

Yes you copied what I said, and then made a completely unrelated comment about moly in motor oils.

I said nothing about moly's effect on motor oils.

If you are asking whether moly is beneficial to motor oils, the answer is; it depends. It depends on the type of moly and the rest of the oil's formula.

If you are asking whether it is beneficial to add moly to a fully formulated motor oil, my answer would be; its doubtful it would impart any beneficial properties and could just as easily decrease performance.

Either way, this is all
32.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back