Aisin ATF A750E/F - V5AWF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Aisin (warner?) automatic transmission in my Mitsubishi called V5AWF, I believe this is the same as the Aisin A750E/F transmission.

What ATF fluid can i use in this transmission? How picky are transmissions on what oil being used?

Mitsubishi have their own OEM DIA QUEEN ATF PA oil - RAVENOL have a "special" V5AWF MM-PA oil but both of these are quite expansive.

What about the VALVOLINE ATF AW oil for Aisin transmissions? How can you tell what the differences in the oil's are? And would there be a different oil in the transmission depending on if the A/T have a cooler or not?

Aisin wouldn't make a version of their transmission to meet a OEM's desire to use a certain fluid.

With that said, if it takes a Toyota T-IV/JWS3309 or ATF WS/JWS3324 compliant fluid, you can use fluid that meets those specs, I'm not sure about Norway but many users here in the US have used Valvoline MaxLife with success in Aisin transmissions. If that Valvoline fluid is the same, I think that will work. I also know Volvo uses Aisin transmissions and there should be easy availability of JWS3309/3324 fluids in Norway if Volvos are as big over there(and given that Sweden is a neighbor).

The oil type will not be different - the capacity will be depending if you have a cooler or not.

I have the A750E in my 2007 Tacoma PreRunner. Good gearbox. Just rolled over 201,000 miles on it and did a complete fluid exchange for the 2nd time. Used Toyota WS fluid both times. Expensive stuff. I've also heard of people using Maxlife, as well as Amsoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back