Purolator One Blue Can 2016 Focus 8,257 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my cut open Pure One. I have defended Purolator and compared it to the Fram TG on this forum. I think this one was about to fail. There is either a defect or damage on the bypass bracket. I put a motorcraft filter on for the next OCI

Thanks for the C&P. Looks OK to me. Not sure why you think there is something wrong with the spring. The bypass itself is on the end of the filter. The hole on the spring allows the oil to flow during a bypass event.

Originally Posted By: SnowmanCO
Thanks for the C&P. Looks OK to me. Not sure why you think there is something wrong with the spring. The bypass itself is on the end of the filter. The hole on the spring allows the oil to flow during a bypass event.

See how the side is bent in a little in the photo? The other side is not like that.

Originally Posted By: Mathew_Boss

See how the side is bent in a little in the photo? The other side is not like that.

That very likely did not happen in the filter it would seem to me it could be a manufacturing snafu! I see no way that would have affected your bypass.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: Mathew_Boss

That very likely did not happen in the filter it would seem to me it could be a manufacturing snafu! I see no way that would have affected your bypass.

I agree. If anything, it would have effected how the filter element was pressed up against the base of the can. That is the job of that spring - ensuring there is a good seal at the base to ensure oil doesn't flow from the inlet to the outlet of the filter. I can't see that happening here.

I don't see anything wrong with the leaf spring.

I think the leaf spring is OK from what I can see in the picture.

Not crazy about the wide pleat, but it appears to have served the purpose.

It looks like it performed as designed. However, I won’t go out of my way to buy one. Motorcraft FL-910s or WIX 51348/NAPA Gold 1348 are my go to filters for my Escape.

It looks OK, not bad, not great. IMO that was the last of anything good out of Purolator in terms of oil filters.

Originally Posted By: Zee09
It worked but ain't worth the money.

$6.70 at Fred Meyer ???? Two months ago I did a C&P on one of these it looked great and so did my UOA!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back