Torco; a blast from the past

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom worked as an assistant to Bob Lancaster at Torco Racing Oils in Santa Fe Springs, CA in the 1970's and 80's.
She passed away in 2004, but I have kept a quart on the top shelf in my garage that just sort of makes me smile when I think of her. She loved that job, and loved working for the Lancasters

Torco History The creation of multi-weight oil.

Now this is a really cool/neat situation here. Amazing how we can associate good feelings and memories with a car, truck, boat, house or even a can of oil... Yet it is so powerful too. And real.

Makes me think of that Allan Jackson song "Drive". Great song and a lot truth in that song as well...

Last edited:
I used their fuel additives back in the day. The spark plug insulator would have a red hue after using the Torco additive.

I go to sprint car races at Arizona Speedway which is near my house and Torco Racing Fuels is a big sponsor there.

TORCO for the 4-strokes and Full Bore for the 2-strokes. Ran hard that way for many years
laugh.gif

Used to work where we blended NASCAR fuel and racing fuel for TORCO in addition to 100LL AvGas as the only leaded grades left. Shipped AvGas mistly by pipeline, other leaded grades by rail car.

Originally Posted By: trooplewis
Makes me wonder how many Millennials know what this is;

il_570xN.429930488_e55c.jpg

Note to Millennials, it’s not what you might think it is. Notice the spiked end on the flat side.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Originally Posted By: trooplewis
Makes me wonder how many Millennials know what this is;

Note to Millennials, it’s not what you might think it is. Notice the spiked end on the flat side.

Cool retro ice cream scoop!!

BTW, I am not a millennial but a very early Gen Xer going by wiki, although I like the term "latchkey generation" as I was a latchkey kid for a good piece of my childhood. My folks were from the GI or Greatest generation, basically the age of most of my friends' grandparents...pretty sure that I was a mistake!

Originally Posted By: ernied
did you ever try using that when they came out with the cardboard cans?

Yes and as cardboard cans got flimsy the chances of making a mess went up. I was very pleased when the bottles came.

Surprisingly, the Torco quart in the OP is a "cardboard" can and has a few indentations. I'm pretty surprised it has survived the last 40 years or so without getting soggy or leaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back