EDGE new packaging for SN Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
A New Label must be worth 3 to 5 dollars! I stopped in at O'Reilly's this afternoon and their label brand synthetic was nearly $28.

All the Castrol was over $30

Last edited:
I have always been a huge Magatec fan and like its packaging design. However, I'm very afraid that Castrol will go bankrupt with this freak of nature Edge packaging. Yikes. Disco anyone?

That is a snazzy new label. I do like it myself.

I have basically decided to go with Valvoline white bottle, Valvoline Advanced full synthetic or Federated Auto full synthetic 5w30. I can get the Federated Auto full synthetic oil for good everyday prices. And I will get the Valvoline from Wally World at times or from AAP or AZ specials.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dorian
Kind of weird that it says "use 0W20 on GM vehicles that recommend 5W20"

I wonder why they don't recommend their own 5w20 "on GM vehicles that recommend 5w20"???

I liked the old label better.

General Motors calls for AC Delco 0w-20 for GM vehicles that recommend 5w-20, so this really isn't a surprise.

Great picture! Thanks. Just bought 6 qts Magnatec at Walmart today for the wife’s EB Expedition and didn’t see that. I wonder if the 5w30 will get that too.

Last edited:
Their 0W-20 meets Dexos1G2

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
A New Label must be worth 3 to 5 dollars! I stopped in at O'Reilly's this afternoon and their label brand synthetic was nearly $28.

All the Castrol was over $30

I would rather have a plain label and a nice rebate like Mobil 1 or Pennzoil.

Probably because the 5W20 is not Dexos while the 0W20 is.

Meh. Never been impressed with a Castrol products except for their A3/B4 offerings. They are priced above their competition for no perceivable benefit.

Originally Posted By: nap

Why would that be? Everyone else has dexos approved 5w20. Besides, dexos is not capitalized.

Originally Posted By: PimTac

Why would that be? Everyone else has dexos approved 5w20. Besides, dexos is not capitalized.

Sitting on a big stock of d1g1 that can be cleared on non-GM users before they introduce the d1g2 version?

Checking the bottle for the exact dexos spec would give the definitive answer.

Castrol's actually is. If GM is telling everyone to use the 0w-20, there's no reason Castrol shouldn't tell them the same. Of course, it makes sense to them to keep a dexos1 certified 5w-20 for those who will insist upon buying it. For AC Delco oil, that wouldn't make so much sense to keep the product.

Originally Posted By: Carbon12
Is that a butterfly yo-yo on the bottle?

Looks like a new kind of "HTHS testing machine".
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
A New Label must be worth 3 to 5 dollars! I stopped in at O'Reilly's this afternoon and their label brand synthetic was nearly $28. All the Castrol was over $30

I'm glad I stocked up on Magnatec when it was a buck 85 a quart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back