Amazon shipping rant (long)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pajero
Same thing happened to me Sunday. I'm a prime member (membership is outrageous) I was outside on the front porch and received a text message that my amazon order had been delivered. I called of course there was a language barrier. On Monday afternoon the carrier delivered the package and put a note on the door that I wasn't home. I was he didn't knock or ring the bell the note was dated Sunday. The U.S. Post Office has the contract for Sunday delivery in my area. It happens to be my regular postman.

Amazon's contract employees have been really bad. Guessing that my postman is making double the money on Monday and claiming he's delivering the packages on Sunday. I told amazon that this was fraud and they seemed to care less. I'm with you road_rascal!

Respectfully,

Pajero@!

During the Holiday season, there were stories locally and around the Country, of customers saying the USPS had claimed to have delivered contracted parcels for Amazon, when in fact they hadn't. The stated reason for these fraudulently claimed completed deliveries by some interviewed USPS employees that had their identity hidden so they wouldn't face retaliatory consequences for speaking out, is that they were told to say packages had been delivered, so the USPS could claim they could handle the ever-increasing number of Amazon packages. Thus keeping their Amazon delivery contract..

The last two packages from Amazon I've had delivered to my work were listed as "delivered" in the tracking status when in fact they had not yet been delivered. Both showed up the following day. Why do they do this? I have yet been given an explanation for this...and this was not during the holiday season...

Last edited:
Read my post above yours.

They do it increasingly because they more and more frequently find themselves behind on their delivery schedule. So to keep up the ruse that they can handle the workload of packages, they claim to have completed the delivery, which they fraudulently tell their client, when in fact they haven't.

Last edited:
Shocking, just shocking.

A company sells an upgrade in service for a premium price and then cooks the books to make it appear that the upgraded service is actually being delivered.

The real time tracking has worked great for me.

When I order Prime, it arrives in two days, just as promised.

For Fedex, UPS, or private contractor, I hear the doorbell ring (or see it on my Ring app if I'm not home) and get a text message within about 10 seconds that it's been delivered.

If the USPS delivers it, there is about a ten minute latency between him dropping it in my mailbox, and the text update from Amazon.

I have not had any issues like the ones described in my 93 orders placed in the last 6 months. Every single one of them has arrived on time and the tracking has worked perfectly.

And "outrageous" price for Prime? Sure...let's see... in 2017, I had 145 orders* And Prime cost $100.

So, Prime averaged $0.69/order. For two day shipping, which would otherwise cost $5 - $15.

Further, each order represented one trip to a store. Most specialty stores are at least 10 miles away, but things like the auto parts store, and Lowe's are only 6, and the grocery store is 1. Let's say that my average round trip is 10 miles to go pick something up. At $0.53/mile (IRS mileage rate for 2017), then each order on Amazon saved me about $5 in mileage on my car/truck.

Each order saved me time, as I didn't have to drive, and I didn't have to peruse the aisles for the precise product in question.

To be fair, most of the orders were books, and time spent in a book store is enjoyable, and worth the drive.

But when viewed fairly, Amazon Prime saves me considerable time, and money.

*In 2017, I bought everything from auto parts, including filters, strut mounts, gaskets, to oil (free shipping) and tools. I bought presents (like Legos for my nephews, gift-wrapped). Books. Electronics. Household goods. Coffee. Clif Bars. Gun cleaning supplies. All priced competitively, and all delivered in two days.

Last edited:
I am so sick of Amazon shipping. I ordered a few things Monday from Amazon and Ebay. The Ebay items are out for delivery today (Thursday) the Amazon ones haven't even shipped yet. I am convinced they do this on purpose to try to get you to go prime. $100+ a year premium to use Amazon is not worth it to me. I do most of my ordering on ebay, but on this item Amazon was slightly cheaper and I had a gift card from an Auto dealer promotion.

They still haven't shipped, I am done with them. I ordered an O2 sensor but the code hasn't come back so no big deal. It just irritates me they do this intentionally to con you into paying extra to shop with them. This is my last Amazon order unless I have to. Autozone was $70 Amazon was $36, -$5 for a gift card from the Ford dealer so I am still ahead. $31 and 20 minutes of work is cheap for a new O2 sensor.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Originally Posted By: lego
When Prime shipping is late you can get $10 Amazon Credit or get a Prime Membership extended for 1 month at no charge.

Last year I got 8 months of Prime for free.

What action was required on your part?

Call or Chat with Amazon and indicate that your Prime shipping was late, than just ask for an extension of your Prime Membership.

Originally Posted By: sprite1741
I am so sick of Amazon shipping. I ordered a few things Monday from Amazon and Ebay. The Ebay items are out for delivery today (Thursday) the Amazon ones haven't even shipped yet. I am convinced they do this on purpose to try to get you to go prime. $100+ a year premium to use Amazon is not worth it to me. I do most of my ordering on ebay, but on this item Amazon was slightly cheaper and I had a gift card from an Auto dealer promotion.
You ordered in stock stuff fulfilled by Amazon? Third party sellers isn't the same thing.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
When Prime shipping is late you can get $10 Amazon Credit or get a Prime Membership extended for 1 month at no charge.

Last year I got 8 months of Prime for free.

What action was required on your part?

Call or Chat with Amazon and indicate that your Prime shipping was late, than just ask for an extension of your Prime Membership.

That’s what many people do.

I still don’t think it’s necessary to have Amazon Prime.

Longtime amazon prime member. Have lately been pondering if its still really "worth" it. Back when I first got it it was much cheaper. Not many online retailers offered free shipping and those that did had too many requirements.

Nowadays almost every online retailer offers free shipping. I sure as he'll wish rockauto did.

I use prime video with my wife and my mom quite a bit and I have my moms account linked to mine as a household so she enjoys the prime perks too. Weve also got Amazon prime credit cards.

With shipping I've never had an issue with items advertised as prime not arriving within the scheduled delivery. Make sure to look at the scheduled delivery when you are confirming the order and not the delivery time given on the item description page.

Amazon customer service has been second to none in my opinion. I have yet to feel wronged or inconvenience by any dealings with them. I've grown to expect so highly of them that I was surprised in my last interaction they only offered me a refund and not a free item upgrade.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I had a porch pirate steal an Amazon box with a baseball cap, I called customer service and they sent another cap 2 days later.

2 tires, 1 paint touch up kit, 2 other boxes.
This was a building.

Originally Posted By: hatt
You ordered in stock stuff fulfilled by Amazon? Third party sellers isn't the same thing.

Sold by Amazon, shipped by Amazon. The third party stuff actually ships faster. I ordered a High Endurance micro sd card for my dashcam Sunday from a 3rd party seller and it shipped from NJ today by USPS. Order something non prime with free shipping and see for yourself. My last Monday order finally shipped today, supposed to get it Wed. Only taking 2 days but they held the order exactly 1 week.

Originally Posted By: hatt

Sold by Amazon, shipped by Amazon. The third party stuff actually ships faster. I ordered a High Endurance micro sd card for my dashcam Sunday from a 3rd party seller and it shipped from NJ today by USPS. Order something non prime with free shipping and see for yourself. My last Monday order finally shipped today, supposed to get it Wed. Only taking 2 days but they held the order exactly 1 week.
My experience is different. I placed two orders Saturday, received them today. Placed an order yesterday and it's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. They do miss the 2 day thing sometimes but it's normally pretty good. I'm buying clearance stuff so cheap I don't care if it takes a couple weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back