M1 or EDGE 0w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be using M1 or EDGE 0w40 next oil change in the Camry. Or M1 5w30 and go 8k and UOA alike

Which would you folks recommend or choose?

Thank you

I use Castrol 0/40 in my 12 Honda Accord, and my 07 acura MDX,. Great oil. Runs extremely well. Mpg did not change. Castrol 0/40 is more like a 0/35

Last edited:
I was curious as to which would keep things clean also. Seems Mobil 1 gets a LOT of love here......
28.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Whichever you can find cheaper.

I'm wondering why M1 "cheapened" or gutted the add pack on their 0w40. Castrol looks real strong from VOA

Originally Posted By: car51

I'm wondering why M1 "cheapened" or gutted the add pack on their 0w40. Castrol looks real strong from VOA

You can't tell much from the VOA bud, you've been here long enough to know that by now
wink.gif

You can't tell much from the VOA bud, you've been here long enough to know that by now
wink.gif

Amen.

I believe Edge 0W40 has BMW LL-01 but M1 0W40 does not have the spec.

If they were the same price, even if drove a Honda / Ford etc, this would cause me to grab the Edge.

I'm going to be using M1 or EDGE 0w40 next oil change in the Camry.

Wouldn't 0W-40 be a little thick for a Camry? Granted that you did not mention the year of the vehicle or the mileage, but 5W-30 seems to be the way to go.

I agree Captain... Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5w30 gets my vote. Obviously a great oil there just like the other two are too.

I really like 5W-30 in my 2004 Corolla. But I'd run that as a summer oil in a heart beat. I currently run 10W-30 as my summer oil generally.

Your inquiring about mobil 1 and edge 0w40 and after some suggestions you decide on the oil no one mentioned...what was point of this thread?

Originally Posted By: Astro_Guy
I'm going to be using M1 or EDGE 0w40 next oil change in the Camry.

Wouldn't 0W-40 be a little thick for a Camry? Granted that you did not mention the year of the vehicle or the mileage, but 5W-30 seems to be the way to go.

This is BITOG. 0W40 goes in any car made since 1990.

I'v seen history repeat itself here on BITOG. I found some really old posts where everyone was recommending 15W40 for everything,then 0W20 was the "in-oil" because 10W30 was TOO THICK!!,now it's back to 40 weights again haha
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back