I'm exhausted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Son came over today with his 04 Corolla. We pulled the intake manifold, radiator fan, and replaced the starter, upper and lower radiator hoses and the battery. We put all that back together and changed the spark plugs, wipers, and cabin air filter. We were going to do the valve cover gasket but ran out of motivation and I have hard stop to catch a flight tonight. Son did most of the work; his first time really turning wrenches. Car was in the hot sun and I'm beat. Good thing I don't do this on a daily basis.

Good going Dad you have him moving in the right direction. Its always nice to have more experience handy when you're working on this kind of thing.
01.gif

I agree, good for you for helping you son learn how to maintain his vehicles!
It's a skill that will prove priceless as he ages.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy

This, not many people understand and are equipped with it.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Son came over today with his 04 Corolla. We pulled the intake manifold, radiator fan, and replaced the starter, upper and lower radiator hoses and the battery. We put all that back together and changed the spark plugs, wipers, and cabin air filter. We were going to do the valve cover gasket but ran out of motivation and I have hard stop to catch a flight tonight. Son did most of the work; his first time really turning wrenches. Car was in the hot sun and I'm beat. Good thing I don't do this on a daily basis.

I personally applaud you, because catching a flight tonight and doing DIY, pretty awesome
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy

+1
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: dave123
I’d be embarrassed to post it sounds like you need to get into shape.

I'd be embarrassed to pass judgement on someone like that so randomly

Sounds like a good days work with Father and Son

Makes me value wrenching time with my Father even more, even though that day's going to come when he can't anymore

Sounds like a great day. Working on a car all day can get tiresome. I will do stuff on one of my cars at home and get worn out much faster than when I turned wrenches for a living.

Originally Posted By: Leo99

I replaced the wiper on the 05 Matrix. I have a new IMG ready to go on. But will let the indy mechanic put that on soon. Along with a host of other things. Good job to you though!

Originally Posted By: dave123
I’d be embarrassed to post it sounds like you need to get into shape.

Must not get very hot in Wisconsin.

Here in AZ, it zaps all the energy out of you.

Good call bdcardinal.

And one thing could well be the case with leo99... An illness like I have multiple sclerosis is where heat can really have a big effect upon me... I can feel exhausted, have trouble walking, trouble seeing or have trouble with going to the bathroom like yesterday's business... Heat or cold can affect people a lot more than anyone might think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back