Audi 'Lifetime' Coolant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone familiar with maintenance of current Audi products? Today Audi says their G13 coolant change interval is.. none. Can't say I believe that any fluid is a lifetime product. Normally coolant is a 4 year interval. If this is an extended drain product, 6 years would be reasonable?

Last edited:
I really have little confidence in AUDIs attention to long life details. The best recent debacle is the engines they let loose on the public with massive carbon on intake valves. That episode suggest that AUDI doens't subscribe to long term testing yet. Ed

I do coolant changes every 3yr/30k.

Overkill? Maybe. Can't stand a dirty coolant reservoir though.

On their older stuff, you'd at a minimum do a coolant change when you did the timing belts.

Audi is a beautiful car, nice design, nice handling, nightmare to work on, a car you'd want to lease rather than own.

Originally Posted By: JLawrence08648
Audi is a beautiful car, nice design, nice handling, nightmare to work on, a car you'd want to lease rather than own.

Strange, I seem to have bought mine...

lifetime means until the warranty is gone!!! my 200,000 mile 2001 jetta got coolant refreshed with timing belts @ 75,000, mile intervals, my 2001 Audi TT roadster gets the same but is a summer fun car!!

Originally Posted By: JLawrence08648

The part about leasing was the advice my friends that had a german car gave me when I was looking for a new car.

I would keep the fluid clean and fresh. No lifetime for me. To all the VW / Audi naysayers, give it up already!

This doesn't answer your question, but FYI AutoZone has the Pentosin Pentofrost E 1.5L concentrate (backwards compatible with G12, G13, G++) clearanced out for $5.

Let them slam I'm doing it, every last jug.
lol.gif

BTW its just not E but all Pentosin even gallons Asian too at $10 a gallon, 4 stores to hit this AM.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Let them slam I'm doing it, every last jug.
lol.gif

BTW its just not E but all Pentosin even gallons Asian too at $10 a gallon, 4 stores to hit this AM.

I made a post about it last week! Got 12 of E and 12 of SF.

Long life coolants really stink once they get warm and in the system (talking smell)

So I guess you will definitely know if you have a small coolant leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back