Torco MPZ Magnetic Friction Reducer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geeze , the Mother of all engine oil additives
smile.gif

You can read about the treat rate and all the stuff about this 12oz bottle at torcousa.com

Fe 3
Al 15
Copper 3
Tin 169
Si 20
Moly 7603
Zn - trace
Phos - greater than 9999 -max of instrument reading capability.
Antimony- greater than 9999 - max of instrument reading capability
Viscosity 29.3

I have 1 ounce per quart in my Honda Riding Mower while I waited for these Lab results .

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Wow!! you should have diluted it in your motor oil to get a better read on the P and Sb. What the dealio with Sn and Al?
Depending on the cost and carrier fluids this may top the #132 for the LC molabrew!

The cost is 10 bucks for a bottle so if 4oz to 5 quarts would do it would be no biggie in the scheme of things .

I suppose it has the Tin Napthenate used in that exotic motor oil posted here at BITOG .

One thing for sure the AW adds are there with all the Antimony , Moly and Phos along with whatever the Tin additive is.

I'll ask this of the Forum ... I have a relatively low mile Miata running the new Torco SR-1 5/30 as a test but I would like to go ahead and pull it early to try this additive . It has not had a dino in it since purchased it new so I won't run a a mineral oil in it so what does the forum think about trying it with Mobil SS ? Treat rate advice ?

Holy Cow!!!!

Thats crazy levels of Moly and others!! Woohoo....
wink.gif
No wonder there was a marked difference when I put that stuff into my engine..... The only question is why is there no Zn in it?

Motorbike why dump the SR-1 for? Its a good oil. If you want something better, you're much better off getting the SR-5 Synthetic. Thats got alot more AW/EP additives in it. It would be better to use that rather than a docotored M1 SS with MPZ.

[ January 03, 2004, 03:40 AM: Message edited by: Leo ]

Who or what firm did the VOA analysis? The Torco site on the product gives no link to the technical specs.

In my view, unless one knows the exact percentages or ppm of each component, it is suicide to add something like this or MolySlip to an engine.

quote:

In my view, unless one knows the exact percentages or ppm of each component, it is suicide to add something like this or MolySlip to an engine.

No pain, no gain Molakule! You can always monitor the wear on a short oil interval. Or just trust your luck, like Leo did. These VOA's are expensive, but they're a real treat to everybody on the board. Now there is a VOA for this moly additive, and VOA/UOA for #132 and molyslip. Thanks Motorbike.

What purpose do you suppose the Tin serves? And why no Zn, like somebody asked (but plenty of Phos)??

giant_robo,

I like playing with this stuff and sharing is alot of fun . If we get too serious the fun goes right down the tube
smile.gif

For a short controlled interval I bought some molyless inexpensive dino to use . I'll drive it a month and send it to the same lab I sent this sample to .

BTW , on the bottle it says to run a minimum 6500 miles and I'm thinking the magnetic part of this brew is Ester ?

Leo ,

It's a weird color huh ? How many miles are you running it ?

[ January 03, 2004, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: Motorbike ]

Im not sure how long Im going to keep this in my engine. Ive only had 300V in my car for 1000ks, and the MPZ stuff in for 200ks. Im gonna keep it in there until the retailer can get his hands on some more SR-5. So it might only be 2000ks more...

Now come to think of it, there is so much AW/EP stuff in this additive, is it actually harmful? I poured the whole 12oz into a 3.6L oil capacity engine!

And yeah that creamy pink colour was really strange too!!

I've always wanted pink motor oil!
grin.gif
At $10 a bottle I think pink oil is a luxuruy I can afford sometime in the future. Awesome!

Thanks for the link, except it doesn't work. Have again goen to the dealer area and only US, Cnanda & China Listed. Can't find Australia here.

I got here from a Torco Distributor here in Adelaide. If you want me to get the details, just ask. Btw, the SR-1 is ~$10/L and the SR-5 is ~$20/l. The MPZ Additive was $30.

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:
Geeze , the Mother of all engine oil additives
smile.gif

You can read about the treat rate and all the stuff about this 12oz bottle at torcousa.com

Fe 3
Al 15
Copper 3
Tin 169
Si 20
Moly 7603
Zn - trace
Phos - greater than 9999 -max of instrument reading capability.
Antimony- greater than 9999 - max of instrument reading capability
Viscosity 29.3

I have 1 ounce per quart in my Honda Riding Mower while I waited for these Lab results .

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

offtopic.gif

When I see a post like this, is there some content metric that's assumed e.g. on above Moly = 7603ppm / oz or 7603ppm / 12 oz or what?

I'm trying to understand how to use this information. If I don't know how much is in per e.g. oz, ml etc how do you know what treat rate will provide what results? (New at all this; thanks for your help
patriot.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back