Thoughts on Tommaso bikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^HA! THAT must've been STRANGE, HOW did Mount, a pure climber if there ever was one, possibly contest ANY of the sprints, or even stay in contact during the kilo pace speed 'jams' with those hard core trackies?!
21.gif

I remember Bobby talking with Mike Fraysse (the principal of the club I belonged to, North Jersey Bicycle Club, PRE-Paris Sport sponsorship) and NYC cop/track rider John Chapman about working on the docks on the infield of Kissena during a track meet there.

^^^HA! THAT must've been STRANGE, HOW did Mount, a pure climber if there ever was one, possibly contest ANY of the sprints, or even stay in contact during the kilo pace speed 'jams' with those hard core trackies?!
21.gif

I remember Bobby talking with Mike Fraysse (the principal of the club I belonged to, North Jersey Bicycle Club, PRE-Paris Sport sponsorship) and NYC cop/track rider John Chapman about working on the docks on the infield of Kissena during a track meet there.

Well I promised a report out from BD, so here goes...

First off, sorry for the delay. I went home to unpack my new bike and go for a ride. I needed to take the pedals off my old bike to use with the new ones. I ended up breaking an allen wrench in the process and sticking it through my palm. Needless to say I did not get to go an a bike ride that day.

Unboxing was pretty good. The bike was packed well, and 99% assembled. The only part I didn't like was that one of the cranks was nested into the front wheel spokes. It was tough to get the front wheel off, and having it packed that way rubbed some black paint off of the spokes it was touching.

Assembly:
Install from and rear wheels
Install handlebars
Install seat

That was it.

Adjustment:
front shifter cable needed tightened about a half a turn, and the rear brake caliper wasn't centered. Everything else has been perfect, and I have roughly 300 miles on it so far.

I have added a Garmin GPS and two bottle cages. LOVE MY BIKE!!!

Nice. I'm sure you'll get many years of pleasure out of her. I hope your pedals don't remove only via allen wrench. I know some pedals are like that. It seems like the stupidest thing in the world to me.
I do have a giant Hozan multi Allen tool that has a 4mm and 5mm on one end and a 6mm and 7mm on the other. It cost a fortune. I got it for the original Campy Record C cranks, which came with a 7mm hex extractor. Of course, it only lasted about one year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back