Just picked up a new super duty

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 150 got over 70k in the past 2 years. I was towing a lot and felt like I was at the limits for weight and brakes. Engine , 3.5eb, was up to the task but the rest of the truck was struggling a little. Mainly brakes.

So new super duty time. 2017 I got for a good price. Should suit my needs fine.

Nice truck as i love that color
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
Nice truck as i love that color
smile.gif

I like silver as well. Here it is with the old one. Did the brakes and my dad is driving it now.

Looks good!! I moved up to a 3500 diesel out of my 2011 1500. Brakes are not the only thing you will gain. The extra heft of the truck made a big difference in towing. I tow the trailer and not the other way around.

Not sure how the exhaust brake works on the Ford but it is amazing on the Ram. I use it all the time now and rarely have to use my service brakes.

We make the exhaust systems for that truck at my company. The KTP Ford plant is consistently ranking as the best Ford plant in the world. All they make is Super Duty Trucks and Expedition/Navigators on the same line. The Expedition is not a small vehicle but when you see the Super Duty Engine and Tranny on the line the Expedition looks tiny. Same engine and tranny in F-250 as F-450 just the 450 gets beefier axles and suspension.
Very well built trucks.

I switched from Silverados in 2011 and never looked back. Between me and my adult kids we now have 9 Fords. All but three are trucks.

Last edited:
Kind of related, we used to run F450/550 DRW diesels in our fleet. Moved to the F350 DRW platform, and ran them at Max GVW - same application as the F450/550. Saw our costs go down as the parts wore out at the same intervals, but F450/550 parts were more expensive to replace. Talking 100's of these trucks in our fleet.
A case of over-speccing not saving money, but costing more.

Originally Posted By: Kira
^^ And how 'bout rustproofing it NOW, as in BEFORE the rust starts?

Love how the silver eases the look of the vehicle.

Hitch towing or 5th wheel?

I hate rust, but OP is in Florida, so probably not an issue. But I would still get wheel well liners for it. I think it looks better and will prevent mud from collecting in hard to clean places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back