'09 Acura CSX - Pennzoil UP 5w30 - 5.300 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to share latest UOA report. It's the first UOA for this car. Total mileage is 80k.

50% Highway driving. Although I usually drive on North America's cr*ppiest (potholes, debris etc.) and most congested highways such as 401/400.

j90z2x.jpg

I think Silicon and Sodium is on the higher side. I put some injector/fuel cleaner in a tank of gasoline (first time using it) before taking the sample. Do you guys think that would be the reason for high Si and Sodium (Na)?

Thanks!!

Every time I went up to Toronto, I would see these Acura CSXs and I always thought that they were nothing more than a rebadged Honda Civic. However, after some research I found out that this generation CSX that was actually the JDM platform the the North American Civic...Who knew?
wink.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acura_CSX

Good metal wear rates, OCI could've been extended.
PUP doesn't have that much Si and Na, you could be right IDK.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Every time I went up to Toronto, I would see these Acura CSXs and I always thought that they were nothing more than a rebadged Honda Civic. However, after some research I found out that this generation CSX that was actually the JDM platform the the North American Civic...Who knew?
wink.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acura_CSX

It is a Civic in a tuxedo.
grin.gif
Interestingly, this is the original design of 8th generation Civic. Honda Japan decided to use CSX as a template for the 8th gen JDM version.

The drivetrain is completely different than the US Spec Civic though. Base Civic comes with R18 engine, where as this has a K20 engine, which is also used in CL7 Euro Accords. It is really similar to the base RSX drivetrain in US.

It's more than enough for me as a daily driver. Although I am planning to buy a weekend warrior (for track/autox) in the near future, I am considering to keep this car for a long time. I wouldn't want to spend $30-35k for a car to go to work.

Originally Posted By: zeng
Good metal wear rates, OCI could've been extended.
PUP doesn't have that much Si and Na, you could be right IDK.

Yeah I could've extend the OCI. TAN is still lower than the TBN. Honda's MM usually goes down to 0% around 8-9000 km, I will keep the OCI at 10.000 km because it is easier to remember. I am sure I'd still be safe at 10.000 mile - 15.000 km.

Originally Posted By: CT8
What oil did you use prior to this oil change.

I previously used PYB 10w30, VML 5w30 and VWB 5w30 (newer to older) respectively, all of them were short OCIs (3-4k)

Your car is the perfect commuter, it tends to last forever, maintenance is not expensive, it's not a gas guzzler but it's still fun to drive with the 2.0L engine and a real transmission not a CVT. They don't make them like that anymore. In my book it's a keeper.

Originally Posted By: nap
Your car is the perfect commuter, it tends to last forever, maintenance is not expensive, it's not a gas guzzler but it's still fun to drive with the 2.0L engine and a real transmission not a CVT. They don't make them like that anymore. In my book it's a keeper.

Thanks, I agree with you.

K20 is a bulletproof engine. Maintenance is cheap, although it is PITA to change the oil filter. Here is what it looks like.

24zb095.jpg

The car is currently at 130.500 kms but I already purchased parts for 100k - 160.000 km maintenance, such as spark plugs, pcv valve, thermostat, ATF and tranny filter, primary O2 sensor, serpentine belt, valve cover gasket (for valve adjustment) as a preventive maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back