Status
Not open for further replies.
And NASCAR is worth what????
Ricky Bobby is calling a meeting at Applebee's to discuss the worth:
applebbes.ricky_.bobby_.jpg

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
And NASCAR is worth what????
Ricky Bobby is calling a meeting at Applebee's to discuss the worth:

Professor D!ckweed is bidding one '76 Nova with a 350 that will only take a little bit of work to get running...but "running" means you will be able to start it, still need to find your own tranny to throw in there.

My money is on Tony Stewart. He already owns The All Stars Circuit of Champions Sprint car series and Eldora Speedway. NASCAR would be the crown jewel.

That Dumb [censored] that killed CART will get it if he wants it, Tony George.

I would like to see Vince McMahon take ownership, WWE and NASCAR are very similar since they are both staged....

But really I would like not a single person take it, but something like a board of directors made up of track owners, since it's their future on the line.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind seeing a group of team owners buying NASACR similar to how CART/Champ Car came into existence. The only possible downside would be someone like Penske having too much power over other teams.

Originally Posted By: azjake
My money is on Tony Stewart. He already owns The All Stars Circuit of Champions Sprint car series and Eldora Speedway. NASCAR would be the crown jewel.

In order to be a 'crown jewel', you need to be highly desirable.

Based on the panning shots of the stands, and apparent attendance (or lack thereof), NASCAR isn't very desirable right now.

Hopefully the France family sells and someone can try to revive the sport.

The current France family members don’t even attend all the races, which kind of surprised me.

Carl Icahn will have the funds once he unloads Federal Mogul over to Tenneco.

Brian France destroyed the sport that his grandfather built and father made better. If he would turn over running the company to Tony Stewart the value of Nascar would double. Roll back the rules of the game to 15 years ago when people understood them and a championship was more than a coin toss and people will watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back