Favorite Cut Of Steak And How You Prepare It

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't start eating steak until about 1988. That's when my best friend in FL. introduced it to me. It was top sirloin. He would marinade it (1-1/4"-1-3/4" thick) for up to 2 days then grill it. He started out by searing the edges, then each side. He would then close the lid and let it grill for 5-7 minutes each side for medium well. This is my favorite cut of meat, still today, prepared the same way.
Sure, I have had other cuts, rib eye being my favorite.
What is your favorite cut, and how do you prepare it? Do you have a favorite steakhouse? I have been to the famous BERN'S in Tampa, FL. once.

https://bernssteakhouse.com/

Rib eye marinated in a mix of olive oil with Montreal seasoning and pepper for several hours then grill medium.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Ribeye, charcoal grilled medium well. Ruth’s Chris is my favorite steak house.

We have a Ruth's Chris SH here in Baton Rouge, La.
Before I left for FL. in 1987, my then wife and I went to dinner there with my in laws. I had the Filet Mignon. I could almost actually cut it with a spoon.
After I marinade my steak, I rub virgin olive oil on both sides and sprinkle Spicy Montreal steak seasoning on it.

Originally Posted By: Blkstanger
Rib Eye grilled by me. Only add a little salt and pepper, Nothing else.

Pretty much, though I'll substitute striploin (local Superstore here has very thick striploins) or a top sirloin on occasion, and sometimes Montreal steak spice or a spicy pepper medley, and rare to medium rare.

Favorite is a Rib-eye or Porterhouse, about 1.75" thick. Grilled medium rare. With a dollop of compound butter on top. Nice, big, deep, rich red wine.

Much more difficult is cooking a much cheaper cut so it's still edible. Most are cut too thin. They need a marinade. They need low-n-slow and zip sauce or butter.

I don't eat steak that often, but when at home its a filet mignon i get from a local butcher( medium rare). If i'm at a steak house, prime rib- rare.

NY Strip

Meat at room temp. Salt and pepper. Into a stainless pan with butter, rosemary, and garlic.

Sear one side, flip and baste with butter.

Medium rare.

I'm not a big fan of beef, so my favorite is a pork butt steak. Marinated and grilled over wood
grin.gif

Ribeye rubbed with olive oil, coarse sea salt and Mrs. Dash Steak Seaoning Blend. I cook it medium rare on a charcoal grill. As a matter of fact, I had one tonight. I had room on the cooler side of the grill for a couple of pork tenderloins to have for tomorrow night. As far as a steakhouse, I don’t go to them, I can do it better.

Last edited:
New York Strip or T-Bone with Olive oil, garlic powder, salt and sugar on a charcoal grill. Sear until caramelized on the hot side of grill. then onto the cool side, with lid closed, until medium-well.

drooling just typing about it. Think I'm gonna grill tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back