Status
Not open for further replies.

I am running Cobb stage 1 93 octane
Stock intake and exhaust
Amsoil 2 micron bypass filter
Mishomoto 2 can AOS
Auber Instrumants oil pressure and temp gages
Perrin sandwich plate for temp sensor and bypass oil

I'm a long time lurker. One thing has always bothered me about posted UOAs. They often don't look anything like previous UOAs or VOAs of the same oil. This UOA is a prime example. Below is a VOA that shows the old and new versions of Rotella T6. This UOA above is nothing like either version of T6. Is it really Rotella T6?

M75ZhoI.jpg

I'll give it a shot.

- You should always compare VOA to VOA. For the best UOA interpretation, a VOA should be submitted at the same time.
- Slight variations between oil batches
- Lab error
- Different residual oil from previous fill skewing results
- The Amsoil bypass filter is too effective and is removing additives
grin2.gif

36.gif

Originally Posted By: bluesubie
I'll give it a shot.

- You should always compare VOA to VOA. For the best UOA interpretation, a VOA should be submitted at the same time.
- Lab error
grin2.gif

36.gif

Although they differ, you can still assume Rotocraft230 is using the newer CK4 product with lower calcium and higher magnesium. By the way this product is not rated as SN, and is bad news for catalytic convertors (as if he still has cats).
spankme2.gif

I'm still using the T6 and although it may be the new formula, it is the new bottle with the old CJ-4 /SM rating. I have lots of it. I'm due for my yearly oil change its been about 3500 miles and will send a sample to Blackstone and post it here. Most of what I have was made in October November and December of 2017.

Originally Posted By: webfors
Good looking typical RT6 report. Nice to see strong flash... gotta hate DI :p

The 2014 WRX is not DI.

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
Originally Posted By: bluesubie
I'll give it a shot.

- Lab error
grin2.gif

36.gif

Although they differ, you can still assume Rotocraft230 is using the newer CK4 product with lower calcium and higher magnesium. By the way this product is not rated as SN, and is bad news for catalytic convertors (as if he still has cats).
spankme2.gif

If I’m interpreting Dave1027’s question correctly, he’s actually wondering why the additive levels in the CJ-4 uoa in the OP are different than the additive levels in the CJ-4 version in the VOA. Or did you know that?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Dave1027
Below is a VOA that shows the old and new versions of Rotella T6. This UOA above is nothing like either version of T6. Is it really Rotella T6?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back