Lubrizol Q&A - GDI Engines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Owner. Most people are clueless what's under the hood these days. I have a friend (guy) that bought a new F150 with the 2.7 back in early 2016. He runs parts for a large national industrial supply company and drives a LOT of miles with a vehicle (currently nearing 200k on the 2.7). When Pat bought his truck I asked him what engine it had in it. He shrugged. V6 he thought. That was the extent of his knowledge.
I'm a car guy. I knew what I was buying beforehand. I'm also one that can take apart a Quadrajet down to the idle tubes AND put it back together.....

Last edited:
At one time TDI discussions covered CBU … but most here now are around keeping viscosity grade during an OCI …
Various interpretations of what is shear and what is fuel dilution etc …

As a owner, I no longer have gasser with turbo and DI … but have separate turbo and DI engines …

Originally Posted By: DavidJones
Owner. Most people are clueless what's under the hood these days. I have a friend (guy) that bought a new F150 with the 2.7 back in early 2016. He runs parts for a large national industrial supply company and drives a LOT of miles with a vehicle (currently nearing 200k on the 2.7). When Pat bought his truck I asked him what engine it had in it. He shrugged. V6 he thought. That was the extent of his knowledge.
I'm a car guy. I knew what I was buying beforehand. I'm also one that can take apart a Quadrajet down to the idle tubes AND put it back together.....
I'd like to work on a Quadrajet again DavidJ. Miss the old days where there was always something that needed to be done and could be done. Time change.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Yah-Tah-Hey
Originally Posted By: DavidJones
I'd like to work on a Quadrajet again DavidJ. Miss the old days where there was always something that needed to be done and could be done. Time change.
smile.gif

Mind cleansing.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back