Comfy tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nap

Which brand/model of tire has ever impressed you as being particularly quiet / cushioned, resulting in a remarkably comfortable ride?

Originally Posted By: nap
Which brand/model of tire has ever impressed you as being particularly quiet / cushioned, resulting in a remarkably comfortable ride?

On my 1999 Lexus RX300, my Goodyear Assurance Comfortred have been supremely comfortable. There is an extra layer of rubber in the tread sandwich designed to smooth out the ride and it works. I've driven it all over the American Southwest on all kinds of roadway and find it to be a very capable tire. It's quiet, comfortable, with excellent road manners. Even though Michelin's are my favorite tire (my Audi runs SuperSports) I would not hesitate to put another pair of these Goodyear tires on this car.

Last edited:
Only one set of tires that I've bought three sets of, and it is the Goodyear Assurance Comfortred. Three sets. Quiet and Comfort. Goodyear has it figured out with these tires.

Don't waste your time or money on Michelin. Little to no traction, worn out in 40,000 miles. After two sets of regret, I'll never buy Michelin again.

What size do you need?
smile.gif

Right now 225/50R18, but there are several more sizes I will be interested in the longer term.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Pirelli Scorpion Verde All-Season for SUV/CUV
Pirelli CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS for cars

Not a Pirelli fan boy just two of the best tires I happen to have gotten in terms of comfort, performance, winter traction, noise ever for our car and SUV.

A word on those Centurano P7's:

Sis got 'em for her car (2012 Mazda3). All was well.
Did an oil change and tire rotation and noticed that her tires AND MINE both had 13K miles.
Mine are "cheaper" Goodyear RS-A.

The Pirellis showed a smooth tire remaining all over.
My cheap Goodyears showed wee holes which more resembled crumbling rubber than anything else.

Just bought my 3rd set of Michelin LTX for my Tacoma (P-series, not LT). The current iteration is called the Defender LTX M/S (M/S = mud/snow). Great ride, good handling, and great wet weather traction. And they last 70,000 miles or more.

Junk the huge wheels and buy 15" wheels. Put on a set of xxx 70 15 tires. Ahh but they wont fit over the huge rotors.
grin2.gif

Michelin Premiers are the quietest best riding tire Ive had on my Lexus yet.

Defenders are a much harder compound and likely wear longer.

Not normally a fan of Michelins I was unhappy with my energy's

UD

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: andyd
Junk the huge wheels and buy 15" wheels. Put on a set of xxx 70 15 tires. Ahh but they wont fit over the huge rotors.
grin2.gif

Lol. I’ve seen a Murano done like that, for his winter wheels the owner went for some smallish steel rims with huge tires, it looked like an amphibious vehicle ha ha
laugh.gif

My dad currently has Michelin Premier LTX on his X5. Seems to be a tire with no weaknesses, great ride quality, low noise over bumps and on the highway, handles well, great in rain and snow.

Mother has Continental DWS on her TL. Great ride quality, bit more noise at highway speeds, great in rain and snow.

I have Pirelli Cinturato P7 on my Accord. Almost sublime balance of steering/handling sharpness and ride quality. Quiet as well. Not bad but also not great in rain and snow.

Just to let you gentlemen know that Pirelli P7 A/S+ it was and I couldn’t be happier. Most “comfy” tires I ever had.

Thank you!

thankyou2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back