Pennzoil Marine XLF In 2-Stroke Outboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone using this XLF formulation in their outboard? Considering weaning my engine off Yamalube since it's twice the price. Please note, not asking for oil ratings, just if anyone is using Pennzoil XLF. Thanks, Hot Ajax

I use it in my 98 Yamaha 60 HP. I as well moved on from yamalube. The XLF burns cleaner and smells better in my opinion. The Yamalube seemed to produce more combustion chamber deposits. Since moving on the XLF, the deposits visible through the plug holes have noticeably thinned. Another perk I have noticed (with no other changes) it seems to load up less. I like the change and wont be using yamalube again.

Another vote for XLF. I'm currently on QS Premium Plus in my Mariner 175. I just had to go to premix because the oil injection failed. The prop is definitely loading up with soot now so I'm finishing this tank and then moving to XLF. I've been told it burns a lot cleaner. Will report back.

Thank you gents. I have not gotten any bad info on the XLF Pennzoil. You're right Tman. The smell from Yamalube is awful. And the smoke is abundant. But, it worked. Already bought Pennzoil at half the price of Yamalube 2M. And more easily available from wally world.

Not a reply to the question but WE as marine customers have been brainwashed to use only Manf. lubes and parts. I dare say that no one is that anal when it comes to their auto, or motorcycle ,or golf cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back