Hyundai Kia Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: walterjay
It is an excellent heavy filter. I use them on all my Hyundais.

A sincere "THANK YOU" for not putting an apostrophe between the i and the s.

The OEM Hyundai/Kia is made by Mann. It will probably fine for a 10k OCI as long as your engine isn't GDI, or worse, TGDI
crazy2.gif

I owned a Hyundai Santa Fe for 13 years and that's all I used for 7500 mile OCIs. I sold it with 215K miles on it a few months ago and all was well. You can get them by the case online for pretty cheap.

Ok, I’ll be that guy. Not a fan of a 10,000 mike OCI on a Kia/Hyundai. The filter will do it, but depending on the engine... what’s the engine in question? Year/make/model/engine?

rmcnamara
Have you checked your owners manual for the recommended oil change intervals? Unless something has changed, KIA/Hyundai recommends 7,500 miles for normal conditions and 3,750 for severe conditions. The manual explains what qualifies as normal or severe driving conditions. Don’t push your luck by extending the oil change intervals.

Originally Posted By: rmcnamara
The car is a 2015 soul. Has a 2.0 gdi.

Yes, don’t extend oil change intervals on that engine especially. Why risk it? Oil is cheap. I’ve put short blocks in Souls recently that actually had decent maintenance records. Oil changes somewhere between 5k and 7k.

I was thinking of going with 10k oci because I was going to try amsoil's new oil. But seems the consensus seems to stick with regular oci.

Originally Posted By: JLTD
Originally Posted By: walterjay
It is an excellent heavy filter. I use them on all my Hyundais.

A sincere "THANK YOU" for not putting an apostrophe between the i and the s.

Oddly......iPhone software defaults to this setting (adding apostrophes)

I'm not too impressed with the software writers in Cupertino, that's for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back