Lost Another One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
To cancer yesterday..... 54 years old and my best buddy.
It was easier this time as he had it for a few years. Last I had seen him, he was ready to go.
Six years ago I wrote a book about my teenage years and I named eleven friends. Since then they all have passed.
I'm the only one left. None were killed in the military or did drugs. Heart and cancer got them- late 40's- early 50's.

If you make it to sixty it seems you may get to eighty. The 40's and 50's are the dangerous years.
I have survived 3 bouts of Cancer myself- I know I'm lucky. Good health to you all!

Sorry to hear that. It's bad, I've lost 4 relatives (including my mom) to cancer). It's an epidemic. I truly hope they find a cure or a way to mitigate it. I think it's all the chemical preservatives in food personally that's causing such high rates of cancer. It's why I try and limit all processed food now. I basically cook all meals, and avoid canned foods, cured meat, sugar, etc.

Statistically, this is very interesting - the odds of this happening is low, outside of all being exposed to the same toxins.

Having said that, I am sorry for your loss.

Originally Posted By: KGMtech
Statistically, this is very interesting - the odds of this happening is low, outside of all being exposed to the same toxins.

Thank you all. I think it has to do with farming. We all lived in a farm community or on a farm.
In the old days we hired orchard sprayers etc. and I noticed none of them grew old.
We all have wells etc. I really thinking farming was the issue ( chemicals)

11 friends...all due either cardio vascular or cancer...I wonder what were they eating...and how fit they were...

Wish you well!

Hard to hear about stuff like this. I feel for you, brother.

Seems like a pattern, OP. Any commonalities that could be causal? Miners, chemicals, poor diet, sedentary lifestyles?

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Have you tried apricot kernels? Alkaline water? They work! Of course the govt does not want you to know that and would rather over Medicate you till death.

Simple as that, huh? Or were you being facetious?

Last edited:
I'm in my mid-60s. Three or my long time friends have had serious health issues recently. All three of them (and me) are in exceptional physical condition. We're all hardcore road bicyclists and ride at least 150 miles per week. One had a serious heart attack while riding his bicycle and had to be airlifted by helicopter from out in the middle of nowhere. The other guy, another bicyclist, had a stroke while riding but foolishly continued riding 25 more miles before he got home and drove himself to the hospital. Months later, he's still having speech problems. The third had a stroke in the shower and suffered temporary blindness, but seems to have suffered no lasting effects.

Scott

Have you tried apricot kernels? Alkaline water? They work! Of course the govt does not want you to know that and would rather over Medicate you till death.
You forgot salt water, Carter's little liver pills,coffee enemas, mercury,leeches, purges,biomagnetic therapy,homeopathic remedies and a myriad of other medical treatments that are /were not only worthless but even harmful. The Food,Drug and Cosmetic Act of 1938 exempted homeopathic remedies from FDA oversight so there are worthless medicinal remedies that are allowed to be sold that are patently of no value.

When my mother was in her final days (gall bladder cancer) her kid sister, a retired registered nurse with a star studded work history, came to visit.

I lamented the irony of Mom dying from cancer in light of her consistent, high quality home cooking etc. and my aunt said, "It's in the air, it's in our water supply and in our food. Don't be too surprised".

That's all for now. It's always tough being the "last".

I'm sorry for your loss, I know the pain all to well. I lost one of my best friends last summer she was 56. My wife and I are still in shock. Her death wasn't from cancer.

Originally Posted By: Zee09
Originally Posted By: KGMtech

Thank you all. I think it has to do with farming. We all lived in a farm community or on a farm.
In the old days we hired orchard sprayers etc. and I noticed none of them grew old.
We all have wells etc. I really thinking farming was the issue ( chemicals)

Long ago my father made a similar unsubstantiated correlation with his friends that pumped gas at service stations.

There's probably something to his and your assessment.

It does blow my mind given their age and modern times, that better outcomes at these ages weren't obtained. So sad and so sorry to hear this.

Originally Posted By: Yah-Tah-Hey
You forgot salt water, Carter's little liver pills,coffee enemas, mercury,leeches, purges,biomagnetic therapy,homeopathic remedies and a myriad of other medical treatments that are /were not only worthless but even harmful. The Food,Drug and Cosmetic Act of 1938 exempted homeopathic remedies from FDA oversight so there are worthless medicinal remedies that are allowed to be sold that are patently of no value.
think what you want. I have seen apricot kernels and kangen water work.

Originally Posted By: Kira
I lamented the irony of Mom dying from cancer in light of her consistent, high quality home cooking etc. and my aunt said, "It's in the air, it's in our water supply and in our food. Don't be too surprised".

Cancer increasingly seems to be a failure of the immune system: it seems that we get micro-cancers all the time, but the immune system spots them and eats them. Exposure to carcinogens will increase the number of cancers, but so long as the immune system is able to stop them it won't kill you.

The alkaline water one is the most fundamentally flawed one in my mind. Anyone that knows even basic biochemistry knows how tightly buffered blood is, even a slight deviation from the normal pH will result in death not just well-being. It takes a lot to disrupt the blood chemistry and any water that is palatable isn't going to do it. Besides, the pH scale is logarithmic so any change near the neutral of 7 is a small change in the H+ concentration. If you were to try and drink water that was sufficiently acidic or alkaline to affect your blood chemistry then you'd be drinking water that at best would taste offensive and at worst be corrosive to your mouth and esophagus. And even when you drink water your stomach lining releases hydrochloric acid which immediately overwhelms any alkaline water you could possibly drink.

This is equal to the myth about distilled or RO water depleting your body of minerals. It sounds like a good thing to the uneducated but in reality that just isn't going to happen.

Enagic's multi-level marketing pyramid scheme has worked well for Amsoil too. Consumer Union has stated Enagic, the manufacturer of the Kangen machine, is a "morally defunct corporation" for its marketing exploitation. Do you have one of those high priced machines collecting dust in the garage? Don't feel too bad about that, Dan Rather probably has one too. His is keeping company with his Newman Energy Machine that he was so hot on three decades ago. The idea of something for nothing never fails to attract the true believers. Keep on a kagan.

Doesn't it also work to keep the sharks away? You never hear of anyone using that stuff get attacked by sharks.

I was surprised to read recently that male life expectancy in the US dropped over the period 2014 to 2016, from 76.5 to 76.1 (by way of comparison it's currently 79.4 years for blokes in the UK). Is this a trend? It's probably too soon to say but it's disconcerting none the less. Falling life expectancy is the kind of thing you associate with Russia; not the US.

Some of the comments above focussed on 'it's in the food'. You may well be right. The whole Brexit thing has got folks over here fretting about the differences in US & EU food regulation with the US not looking good. Personally I try not to get too precious about food. I don't do organic or gluten-free or whatever the latest trend is. However, one thing I would say based on 30 years of working with Americans, is that on average, I'd say you eat substantially MORE the Brits. I would always watch in awe as my former colleagues demolished boxes of Krispy-Cremes and huge pizzas! Having said that, Brits, especially professional men, seem to neck way more booze which can't be good for them.

Last edited:
Interesting as this does not agree with my experience in the reverse. For the last 20 years I’ve spent a considerable amount of time traveling in Europe for business and visiting family. Most of this is in Germany, the Netherlands, and the UK. What I experienced was portions I struggle to finish if I force myself to do so and food that was generally more filling per portion versus what we get here in the US. The latter I do attribute to the superior quality of EU food as you indicate is believed there. What is also interesting is the published statistics that say obesity in Europe is nearly on par with the US with thr UK leading the race and this being exacerbated by the rates of increase being close to 50% higher than the US. So, I don’t think it’s the food or alcohol as much as it’s the stress given the low unemployment rate forcing longer hours, higher stress jobs from more stern professional performance expectations, and lack of household fiscal discipline in the US versus Europe and the rest of the developed world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back