Little Heineken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heinekin defines what a skunky beer taste like.

e80dh5.jpg

It actually defines what a beer with a high Hops content tastes like. If you're used to rice beers (Budweiser invented it, mostly, but it's a common ingredient in American beers, not so much elsewhere, even Japan uses less of it in their beers) you probably won't like it. Why rice? Cheaper than other traditional grains.

Grolsch (another Dutch beer) is even more so than Heineken. Hops lends bitterness, generally, but it also has a distinctive flavour profile you can taste.

Not a fan of hoppy beers, but I don't find Heineken to be very hoppy, it's just a nice crisp lager.

That beer tastes completely different at the brewery. When I was in Amsterdam, all the vain and high profile people were ordering Budweiser.

I'm not a huge fan of hoppy beers but, there are some I like better than others. However, I don't like skunky beers at all. Heineken & Molson Golden always come to mind but, I do like Molson Canadian & LaBatt's Blue. My favorite is a nice Porter.

Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad
It actually defines what a beer with a high Hops content tastes like.

Have you ever had an India Pale Ale? Now those are hoppy!
laugh.gif

Never have been a fan of Heineken myself, but I could make due of that was the only beer available.

I've had skunky beer once I think. Bud Light while on the River Walk in San Antonio.. She could smell it from across the table. Said something to the waitress and received some Corona on tap, which was room temperature. I drank maybe 6 ounces.
sick.gif

It actually defines what a beer with a high Hops content tastes like. If you're used to rice beers (Budweiser invented it, mostly, but it's a common ingredient in American beers, not so much elsewhere, even Japan uses less of it in their beers) you probably won't like it. Why rice? Cheaper than other traditional grains.

Grolsch (another Dutch beer) is even more so than Heineken. Hops lends bitterness, generally, but it also has a distinctive flavour profile you can taste.
It comes in at 19IBU it's not even close to what a hoppy beer is no hop profile from this beer at all.

You need to get out more. Heineken doesn't define anything related to quality beer. Certainly not high hop content.

Heineken is all I drink. You drink what you like, not what someone else thinks you should.

Originally Posted By: Bud
Heineken is all I drink. You drink what you like, not what someone else thinks you should.
no one said he shouldn’t drink it but people shouldn’t call it something that it isn’t and it’s definitely not a hoppy Beer EVER

The thing with IPA beers and Heineken is they start off hoppy/bitter but have a nice, clean finish on the way down. Now el cheapo beers start off skunky/bitter and stay that way all the way down. Same way with a beer that has been skunked. Starts out skunky and stays that way for the finish. There's also double IPA beers that I like except the alcohol content of those is around 8.3% and up. A Miller Lite is 4.3% as an example.

But, your name is BUD!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Heineken has to be ice cold for me to drink it. If it's warm it's terrible.

THAT is what defines an OK beer from an EXCEPTIONAL beer.

I had a beer a few months ago that I was saving from last Christmas called "fullers vintage ale"
It came in it's own box (one 330ml bottle) and once it was chilled it was pretty good.
Then as it slowly warmed to room temp it blossomed into something truly beautiful.
I tell ya, the only way to explain it was that it was like reading a really good book, as you delve deeper into the flavors (as it warms), you encounter different feelings and emotions. You'll experience twists, turns and plot details that tell it's own story.

I really hope I find it again. I can't handle alcohol well, so I can only have small amounts of it.
When I do, I always ensure it's of higher quality so I can actually enjoy it. No hangover next day either
smile.gif

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/71/19426/

But...but...your name...
lol.gif

edit: dang beat me to it!
Originally Posted By: Char Baby

But, your name is BUD!
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back