Wix 57356 vs Fram TG7313

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are both for Honda Accord. Which of these filters are better? Anyone here use this particular Wix?

Both would work fine, but the TG is a bit more efficient if that matters. What's your 3 top requirements for an oil filter?

You have to ask yourself one question which one has the highest efficiency. We've read about it hundreds of times. The Wix 95% or below. The TG and the Ultra both 99% plus. You decide if it matters or maybe you should look at the UOA I posted yesterday.

Originally Posted By: Jimzz
I would use which ever you can get cheaper.

01.gif

I use the Wix, and happily. I have no issue with the Fram, other than that I can get the Wix for a similar or better price. I can get the Baldwin for less yet. I stumbled upon a NAPA Gold sale up here, so did quite well this time around.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Both would work fine, but the TG is a bit more efficient if that matters. What's your 3 top requirements for an oil filter?

1) Metal end caps
2) Base plate bypass
3) Silicone ADBV

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
You mean TG7317, right? I would use the Wix if it was a decent price, it's a little tougher, but they're a bit more expensive here.

Thank you for correcting that for me. Yeah,I meant the TG7317,sorry for the typo :p

My apologies in advance for probably asking a very dumb question,but what exactly does oil filter efficiency mean? Is the higher the number,the better?

You've opened up a can of worms, now.
wink.gif
Wix uses beta ratios, and "whitewashed" ones at that. Generally, a higher number for an efficiency rating is better, but that's assuming all things are equal, like particle size and testing method.

Originally Posted By: Garak
You've opened up a can of worms, now.
wink.gif

Haha it's been WAY too quiet around here lately
laugh.gif

I have a few ought six push buttons if not enough fire and brimstone around here lately. Each push button is good for a page or more of old fashioned arguing.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
I have a few ought six push buttons if not enough fire and brimstone around here lately. Each push button is good for a page or more of old fashioned arguing.
laugh.gif

36.gif

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
My apologies in advance for probably asking a very dumb question,but what exactly does oil filter efficiency mean? Is the higher the number,the better?

Where have you been for those 17,969 posts over the last 11.4 years?
lol.gif
I smell troll BO.

Besides ... haven't you heard - "We Don't Need No Stinkin' Efficiency!!"

laugh.gif

Both of my GMs don't need the spring bypass found in the Wix. AC Delcos lack quality of years ago, when my GMs were new. Many filter models with silicone ADBVs were discontinued and replaced with nitrile and most filter models now contain Ecore plastic cages. Inferior quality in Delcos these days. So Fram is my choice over Wix, only because of that spring inside Wix models for my GM engines.

Of those 2 filters, I would use the Fram TG. If you are open to options I would use the Fram Ultra Synthetic and use it for 2 oil change intervals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back