Worst 3 synthetic oils based on testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t believe everything you hear. It’s a old saying but holds true today especially on the internet.

Lmao. Your one and only other post is essentially the same question. Did you not get the answer you wanted there or are you only here to paste worthless “testing” results to stir the pot and be a troll?

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Don’t believe everything you hear. It’s a old saying but holds true today especially on the internet.

Especially when it is some random YouTube dude who apparently slept though grammar classes.

No trolling here. Just curious how important these numbers are. Is the ppm of the various additives significant? They vary widely between the brands. So you think it’s not appropriate to rank the oils this way, I guess. I’ll not raise the issue again if it’s annoying!

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: PimTac

Especially when it is some random YouTube dude who apparently slept though grammar classes.

Clearly a troll quoting the same worthless dude.
Lets judge oils based on which has the highest amounts of additive LOL. It would be more accurate if he judged used oil samples.. even then, itd be worthless.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Lmao. Your one and only other post is essentially the same question. Did you not get the answer you wanted there or are you only here to paste worthless “testing” results to stir the pot and be a troll?

Good call

Originally Posted By: Wolfie
Thoughts on this?

Yes. Don't consume alcoholic beverages before making UTube videos, and attempt to appear "presentable."

Last edited:
I dont need to watch the video. All synthetics and all conventionals are the same, doesnt matter if it is Walmart Super Tech or Mobile 1.
They all meet the same API requirements and there is absolutely no way to prove one better when it comes to wear.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: alarmguy
I dont need to watch the video. All synthetics and all conventionals are the same, doesnt matter if it is Walmart Super Tech or Mobile 1.
They all meet the same API requirements and there is absolutely no way to prove one better when it comes to wear.

There most certainly is.

Originally Posted By: alarmguy

Well, for the average driver - this is true. John Worker and Sally Housewife both drive Toyota Corollas 23 miles one way every day, and use the cheapest API-SN oil there is, and both cars are traded at 180,000. They will never, ever, ever tell the difference between any two oils.

For a car that does track days, or a truck that pulls a lot of heavy loads (very high piston ring pack temperatures) there is definitely a difference.

First, Welcome to BITOG!

Second, the problem I have with the video is credentials. How do you know the numbers he quotes are even correct?

There is a lot of good info here. This may help understand more about how oil is designed:

Basic oil design

It is not as simple as the YouTube video makes it sound.

welcome2.gif
welcome2.gif

Com’n guys where are your bedside manners.

Originally Posted By: gallydif
welcome2.gif
welcome2.gif

Com’n guys where are your bedside manners.

I agree.

We all start somewhere.

Before BITOG I was using Dura Lube with my Splitefire spark plugs cause the guy on TV said they were gooood.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back