Fake mobil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was changing oil in my toyota carina E with mobil1 0w-40 and after 200km started produce heavy enginge noise. I did pour it out and it come out like diare water.

This oil isint mobil1 0w-40 for sure, lucky for me i didint put in my honda.
Isint the first time they sell fake oils in Finland. Stores are importing from baltic countrys to get them cheaper, funny is that this oil is made in Finland.

Last time Exxonmobil Finland(via police) busted many stores who did sell fake mobil oils. And it wasent only mobil that was fake.

Well as much as many people hate Walmart, when you buy oil there it is certainly not fake. Their supply chain is direct to Mobil and they are just too big to mess around with fake anything.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Well as much as many people hate Walmart, when you buy oil there it is certainly not fake. Their supply chain is direct to Mobil and they are just too big to mess around with fake anything.

Someone could buy real M1 and return fake M1 in a sealed, convincing container. Or "steam off" the cap and pop it back on.

Alleged to happen here in Taiwan (Agip has been mentioned), and is documented as happening to E-bay purchasers in the UK.

Not so likely with the cheap stuff I buy though.

The oil jugs at Walmart and others in USA have a break away cap on them. No way that can be put back on intact. I do check that now. But a genuine fake may put their own new break away caps on their water oil. Walmart is a good place to buy oil. Zero chance it is fake.

What we take for granted in North America is that a lot of products we buy are legit and not counterfeit.

I'm sure that fake Mobil 1 was priced cheaper than what real Mobol 1 would cost. Probably done by organized crime

To the OP, can you post a pic of the bottle for us?

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Member name "Jooksing" also got some counterfeit Mobil 1 from a walmart.

Counterfeit in this context is saying that some entity is producing "oil" in bottles and with fake labels to deceive the purchaser. What Jooksing got was either tampered product or the whole thing was made up, somewhat different than a counterfeit product.

Originally Posted By: deven
I find a lot of Amazon products to be counterfeit especially skin creams...

I read this alot as well. I've tried to find my favorite discontinued shampoos and conditioners on there and it seems people are complaining about receiving conterfiet versions.

Originally Posted By: Bjornviken
I was changing oil in my toyota carina E with mobil1 0w-40 and after 200km started produce heavy engine noise.

Since it produced alot of engine noise I'd say that's the real Mobil.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: Donald

Someone could buy real M1 and return fake M1 in a sealed, convincing container. Or "steam off" the cap and pop it back on.

I am sure that has happened. But the chance of it happening to the jug you buy is almost zero. It's shoplifting for $25.

Better chance of getting bulk oil at Jiffy Lube with refilled Mobil 1 QTs with bulk oil.

Originally Posted By: Warstud

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: nap

crackmeup2.gif

This is indicative of what this site is becoming

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Originally Posted By: nap

crackmeup2.gif

This is indicative of what this site is becoming

I’d say that people recognizing a joke and taking it as a joke is not a bad evolution.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Do you mean, you think someone did an oil switch?
[taking the M1 out and putting in something cheaper]

It is possible

Originally Posted By: Bjornviken
I was changing oil in my toyota carina E with mobil1 0w-40 and after 200km started produce heavy engine noise.

340k km on mobil 1
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back