Tornado Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

MolaKule

Staff member
DO: Seek Shelter

Don't: Stand outside with pair of Ninchucks and yell, "Bring it on."

DO: Stay Away from Windows.

Don't: Use a series of electric fans to steer the tornado toward your Ex's house.

DO: Bring Animals Indoors.

Don't: Try to stab the Tornado with a Wooden Spike. That is Vampires. You're thinking of Vampires.

DO: Listen for Weather Updates.

Don't: Get attached. The Tornado will eventually leave you just like everything else in your miserable life.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Excellent advice on all points sir!

Personally did all of the do's and none of the don'ts just this past evening.

Last edited:
What is the similarity between a tornado and redneck divorce??

Someone's gonna lose a trailer.

I would usually freak out when there were tornado alerts around Chicago when I was a kid and sit on the edge of the front porch because I didn't want the house collapsing on me. My thought process was, why go in the basement where the entire house is above me ready to come crashing down.
I also didn't like that they made us sit with our backs to our lockers and our heads between our knees at school during tornado times, I could just picture a big row of lockers slamming down and crushing 20 kids all at once.
I guess being crushed scared me more than being sucked up into the sky! ;^)

I kinda miss tornadoes and alerts now that I live in Mexico City. I used to love the way storms would come in and the temperature would drop. I know y'all probably think I'm nuts, but believe me I'd rather sit thru a tornado (I lived in DFW), than an earthquake, with a tornado at least you can see it coming, an earthquake not so much.

Purchase a NOAA weather radio. They are a pita this time of years but worth the $$.Our weather radio went off six times in forty minutes Tuesday.

Originally Posted By: Gimpy1
I kinda miss tornadoes and alerts now that I live in Mexico City. I used to love the way storms would come in and the temperature would drop. I know y'all probably think I'm nuts, but believe me I'd rather sit thru a tornado (I lived in DFW), than an earthquake, with a tornado at least you can see it coming, an earthquake not so much.

I miss thunderstorms, with all the thunder and lightning. Now that we live on the coast we hardly ever get one. And if we do it's nothing much.

I don't miss the hail or the risk of tornadoes though.

Two old guys who each owned video rental shops were talking. One guy said “ got hit by a tornado last week. Totally destroyed my entire stock of DVD’s. “ Second guy said, “ we’re you insured?”. First guy said “ yep, totally covered. “ Second guy said “ how do you start a tornado ? “

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back