2015 Ram EcoDiesel Rotella T6 5w40 9,614 mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just completed another oil change on my 2015 Ecodiesel 4x4. Here is the UOA from this change and my other ones. The wear metals continue to drop and I am very happy with the results on this (almost) 10,000 mile OCI. The Rotella T6 5w40 (CJ ver.) seems to be working great and has plenty of life left in it but I don't want to exceed the 10,000 OCI while under warranty. I filled it with T6 (CK).
Rick

10,000 miles is a nice interval! looking awesome. The 40 wt seems to work well !

Did T6 5W40 swing from low calcium to high calcium and now back to low calcium?
Now I'm wondering if I confused Rotella with Castrol and T6 was not a high calcium formulation a few years ago.
Need to dig up some more VOA/UOAs...

Anyway, nice report!

This is what Dealerconnect says "We recommend you use 5W-40 synthetic engine oil such as MOPAR or Shell Rotella that meets FCA Material Standard MS-10902 and the API CJ-4 engine oil category is required."

We use Rotella T6 at my dealership.

It looks like the 3.0L VM Motori is beating up the RT6. The KV100 dropped to 12.1 cSt on the Aug 2017 report, and to 13.3 on the Apr 2018 report. Although the Aug 2017 report showed fuel dilution, the Apr 2018 report did not. In my Dodge, RT6 always stays right around 15.4 cSt.

It is really nice to see the downward trend in Iron on every analysis.

Last edited:
here is my oil change from my 2016 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel
first oil change was T6 second one was Amsoil

Originally Posted By: SavagePatch
Do you think that the higher zinc in the Amsoil was what made the difference?

The viscosity of the T6 is definitely weird.

I'd say the wear metals from break in are finally out, compared to the prior run with T6. The viscosity, yes it's weird, probably worth a re-check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back