40 inch tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
My last boss put 54"s on a F150. Stock 4.6 with Dana 70 & 80 axles. The tires cost more that the truck was worth.

I chatted with him a little bit. Its a 2wd 6.0. He said he got the tires used for 1k for all four. He said he took a tape measure from the rim the the tire and it measured 40 inches. Its also straight piped with headers so its freaking loud. Never asked what gears. I asked if it was slow and he said oh ya its a türd. The grill was chrome with flames and ace cards. I mean its a cool truck but it has no real use. The funniest part is seeing the guy on a latter to add washer fluid and get his other tires out of the truck.

In a collision the bumper of this lifted truck would go right though normal folks windshields. This is a danger on the roads and should be illegal. Off road I feel he can do whatever he wants, but this thing is deadly to others on our roads.

Originally Posted By: Dylan1303
I mean its a cool truck but it has no real use.

Well you're correct about it having no real use.
The other part.....

Originally Posted By: Stevie
In a collision the bumper of this lifted truck would go right though normal folks windshields. This is a danger on the roads and should be illegal.

Strictly speaking, that is illegal in all 50 states unless it's being operated on private property. In most cases he probably wouldn't be pulled over though unless he's driving like a douche bag.

What he's done to the truck may not be what I'm into, but as long as it makes him happy and he's not hurting anyone else, then I certainly won't badmouth it.

Originally Posted By: Dylan1303
I chatted with him a little bit. Its a 2wd 6.0. He said he got the tires used for 1k for all four. He said he took a tape measure from the rim the the tire and it measured 40 inches. Its also straight piped with headers so its freaking loud. Never asked what gears. I asked if it was slow and he said oh ya its a türd. The grill was chrome with flames and ace cards. I mean its a cool truck but it has no real use. The funniest part is seeing the guy on a latter to add washer fluid and get his other tires out of the truck.

They come on Military vehicles, Unimogs, etc. And frequently can be bought used for cheap. The most common size is 395/85R20 (46x15), but they do come in other sizes. Since it very likely isn't re-geared, he can look forward to a short transmission lifespan.

So it's loud and painfully slow. It's the truck equivalent of a straight-piped Harley.

In a collision the bumper of this lifted truck would go right though normal folks windshields. This is a danger on the roads and should be illegal. Off road I feel he can do whatever he wants, but this thing is deadly to others on our roads.

This.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

This.

agree.

It does nothing for me, but it isn't my truck so who cares?.
Certainly the owner won't be crying himself to sleep at night because some people don't like it.
So long as it is driven within its limitations, let him enjoy his toy.

Claud.

Originally Posted By: Claud
It does nothing for me, but it isn't my truck so who cares?.
Certainly the owner won't be crying himself to sleep at night because some people don't like it.
So long as it is driven within its limitations, let him enjoy his toy.

Yes and the number one limitation would be no where near public roads, which clearly is being ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back